Author Topic: MBG Version Issues  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MBG Version Issues
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »
Guys,

So, I know that when clustering MBGs together they have to be the exact same version; for instance 9.2.0.22 will not work with 9.2.0.23.

The question I have is what about the version of the MBG versus the MiCollab or the MCD; is there an issue there?

I know the MBG built into the MiCollab would have to be the same version if it were to be clustered in, but what about the remainder of the software?

The scenario I have run into is that we have a site that is running MCD 7.2 SP1 PR2 and the current Teleworker MBG is running 9.2.0.22, but that version is not available for download anymore. The customer is adding a new hosted site and wants to add SIP Trunks to the new vMBG and the carrier uses DNS SRV so we are going to the latest version of MBG 10.1.0.244 to support that, but we are going to install the vMCD at 7.2 SP1 PR2 so we don't have to upgrade all of the remaining sites. I need to know if there will be an issue with the MCDs version no longer communicating properly once we upgrade their current Teleworker MBG to 10.1.0.244; Mitel wasn't very clear with their answer.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
Re: MBG Version Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
Actually you can normally cluster MBGs of the same major.minor version, but syncing them all to the same version is recommended.

Mitel publishes a compatibility matrix showing which versions of MBG work with which call managers, but they are normally backwards-compatible.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
"So, I know that when clustering MBGs together they have to be the exact same version; for instance 9.2.0.22 will not work with 9.2.0.23."

not so, any 9.2 version will cluster with any other 9.2 version... ditto for 10.0 and 10.1. As stated earlier, they will cluster as long as major and minor versions are the same.

If the versions are the same, it won't be fatal, the clustering will just not share a database until the nodes are compatible.

"The question I have is what about the version of the MBG versus the MiCollab or the MCD; is there an issue there?"

MBG in MiCollab must follow the above rule.

MCD version isn't all that important, especially if MBG is upgraded and MCD isn't... The only time you run into any issues are if you upgrade MCD and expect a new feature or new sets to work with an old MBG.

In you case, you'll have to upgrade MiCollab along with your MBG. The MCDs don't necessarily have to be upgraded.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
Guys,

Thanks for the information. I will proceed with setting up the MBGs at the latest version and make them exactly the same even though only the major.minor need to be the same.

That is odd since I sent this to Mitel,
Quote from: TE
So, the customer is wanting to add a vMCD and vMBG to a hosted cloud service and the only version of MBG that I can download as standalone is 9.2.0.23, but the version of MBG is 9.2.0.22; will this work without a problem.

Quote from: Mitel
Hi ....., If you want to cluster the 2 MBG's they need to be the same version.

So, I guess I could have misunderstood that to mean they need to be exactly the same, but it would have been better for them to answer with that will work without a problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
Mitel tech support is likely being overly cautious. Barring occasional exceptions, the same major.minor version should sync fine.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10