Author Topic: Voicemail issues - After hours menu  (Read 1831 times)

Offline wtatx

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail issues - After hours menu
« on: December 06, 2018, 12:20:04 PM »
Hey all,

I have a client who uses has a S.T.A.R. setup to a CRA in which is pretty basic. Essentially, the caller has 1 of 2 options. Either dial an extension number to leave a voicemail for that user, or the timeout transfers to their 'general mailbox' for the caller to leave a voicemail.

The problem revolves around when dialing the party's extension number. When you dial the number, it transfers to that users extension no problem. It rings 6-7 times but instead of going to their voicemail it goes back to the menu's recording.

Initially I fixed this by enabling their dynamic extension. But that then broke their ability to 'page' an extension internally. They enjoy the ability during hours to be able to dial an extension, let it beep a few times then be on the intercom for that specific extension. But having Dynamic extension breaks this feature so I rolled my changes back so they could use that feature. But now the voicemail to a specific extension when dialed during 'after hours' will not work.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail issues - After hours menu
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
Apply a forward path to the extension, sending calls to voice mail (uncheck IC calls).
OR
Point the digit translation to the mailbox, not the extension.

Offline wtatx

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »
Every extension has a forwarding path pointing to 2500 with IC Calls set to no.

The digit translation is set to Transfer to collected extensions so that the caller can call a specific extension to leave a vm for that individual. But that is where VM never picks up and just recalls the call back to the main menu recording

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 03:09:58 PM »
wtatx,

The STAR and CRA have nothing to do with the problem. The phones either:

1. Have their System Forwarding Flag turned off
2. Have Dynamic Extension turned on, which overrides System Forwarding
3. System Forwarding is not setup for the System Type or Call Type
4. The System Forwarding Path is set to None

After the Transfer - Voice Processor timer runs out [Default: 20s] it will Recall back to the CRA that sent the call to the phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline wtatx

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 03:27:14 PM »
Interesting. Having Dynamic Extensions turned on actually made the voicemail routing work correctly when dialing an extension after hours. But it broke their extension 'paging' feature that they use.

When I go to System Forwarding Paths under Phone-Related Information I see that '1' is set to forward to 2500 (2500 being vm).

When I go to one particular extension that I have used to troubleshoot, I see '1' set as it's forwarding path which is the 1 set to forward to 2500.

Offline wtatx

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 03:34:32 PM »
Whoops, I just checked one of the extensions and I do see that their system forwarding flag is turned off. I have always been hesitant to touch that as I have not had to deal with it much before. All the systems I have messed with have had voicemail come up without issue if no answer

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
Make sure that you create a Auto Attendant Recall Device in your Voice Mail Applications.
Then, in the programming for your menu, make sure that the Transfer Recall Destination is set to the be the extension number of the AA Recall Device

In this way, even if the destination phone is not forwarded, Flagged with System Forwarding, or whatever, the caller will go to a menu that says "That extension is not available, if you want to leave a Voice Mail, press One, or to try another extension, press 2".  It won't just bounce back to the original transferring menu, creating the "endless loop".

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 07:06:45 AM »
wtatx,

Dynamic Extension is built, by default, to send call to Voice Mail if unanswered so it will perform as you saw, but it does override System Forwarding.

Since this is happening at Night make sure that one of System Forwarding Paths have System - Night Mode set for Yes; that will be the one(s) that the Call Types set for Yes on will follow.

To see how many of the phones have System Forward turned off on just go to System > Phone-Related Information > Flags > System Forwarding > Right-Click in the gray area and select [Add to System Forwarding List] and see which ones are not in the list; these all have System Forwarding turned off.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10