Author Topic: Trying to forward a call from auto attendant to external #  (Read 2228 times)

Offline jperez1179

• View Profile
Trying to forward a call from auto attendant to external #
« on: December 05, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
I'm trying to forward a call that when someone calls in and press one for service it will transfer to external number.

I have created a phantom extension and created the forwarding...

But i'm currently having a hard time finding where to add the phantom extension. They are currently setup for Application, where call comes from PSTN and hits CRA and then hits an Application. I dont see any application that has digit translation that matches inbound greeting. Can someone please shed some light on where i might be overlooking this?

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Re: Trying to forward a call from auto attendant to external #
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:18:24 PM »
I am not an expert, however my thoughts on the matter...

When I want to transfer a call to an outside number, I set the DID/TN in the call routing table to the CRA extension, in digit translation set the timeout to the phantom extension, then I forward the phantom.  Is that what you are trying to do?

I was watching in SA&D and the CRA did show in the current calls, however I had to press the refresh button quickly.

Hopefully I haven't confused the issue more than I helped. 

Jeff
Who want's to be on John's.

Offline jperez1179

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »
I get what you saying, but i cant seem to find where to change that. If you look at the attached pics, i have CRA1 as CRA. then APP2527 is the application and them I'm assuming M-F is where is routing to. And then when clicking on M-F it will route to another APPlication and that digit translation doesnt match anything.

Meaning you call main line press 1 service <---- i need that option to ring to the phantom extension
                                          press 2 parts
                                          press 3 sales
                                          press 0 operator

But i cant see where its doing it at, or should i just just timeout fiel 1 in digit translation as you said?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »
In the digit Translation pic, change the action for 1 to Transfer to Extension and in Transfer destination set it to the phantom extension you want transfer to.  Do the same for 2, 3 and 0.  I think it's wise to set the timeout to something, in your case probably the operator. 

In the day or night greeting, you add the Audiotex recording, and I suggest adding a delay after the recording so that the caller has time to press a button. 

I usually configure digit 9 the same was a you just configured 0,1,2,3 and set the transfer destination to the CRA extension you are working on and in the greeting say something like to hear these options again, press 9.

Does that make a bit more sense?

Jeff
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:08:04 PM by JeffonJohnsIsland »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 04:14:23 PM »
Sorry, didn't notice you were using what I think is the Star application.  I don't use that, so I am not sure how that is working in your situation.

If you are just trying to forward a call from the Star application (caller pressed 1 inside the Star application, to a phantom, then go back to the original instructions.  Set the timeout destination to the phantom you want.  Caller goes into Star, presses one, is transferred to the CRA, it times out, then is forwarded to the phantom. 

However I haven't used Star.  Company I work for has the receptionist set night mode, and when the system is in night mode, it uses different CRA's.

Jeff

Offline jperez1179

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 06:07:36 PM »
I changed the following timeouts and its still routing to the hunt group.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »
I PMed Tech Electronics requesting his help with your situation.  I haven't dealt with Star application previously. 

Let's see what he says,

Jeff

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 11:59:17 PM »
Go to your outbound truck group and turn off the pass-though of caller ID.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 07:10:24 AM »
jperez1179,

Well, from what I am seeing on from your pictures your call flow works as follows.

Day CO TG [incoming call] --> CRT #? --> DID --> STAR Application [2527] --> [Mon-Sun 7-9] --> CRA [2528] --> x1000 [Operator?].
Night CO TG [incoming call] --> CRT #? --> DID --> STAR Application [2527] --> [Default: 2502] --> CRA [2502] --> ?.

If you are sure the DID you are tracking follows that route then the next place I would look is at x1000 to see how its system forwarding is setup.

So, are you wanting this to happen during normal business hours [Mon-Sun 7-9] or after hours; meaning not Mon-Sun 7-9?

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:15:48 AM by Tech Electronics »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10