Author Topic: Easy way to send a DID call directly to users Nupoint VM  (Read 1760 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
Easy way to send a DID call directly to users Nupoint VM
« on: December 02, 2018, 05:34:52 AM »
Hi guys,

I am trying to find a way to program this within MiVB. Basically I want to send a DID programmed in Direct Inward Dialing Service directly to a users Nupoint VM. This should be really simple but seems to be quite a task to get configured nicely. I have tried so far.

1) Programmed a VM FAC, set my VM Pilot in Call coverage services. Set a speed dial for (VM FAC key + Pause + Mailbox)  = Failure. MiVB sending back not found to carrier

2) Sent the DID call to a speed dial programmed as (VM Pilot + Pause + Mailbox. = This dials into pilot, can hear the keypresses dialing my User Mailbox but then just prompts to enter PIN like I am coming in from the users perspective.

3) Created a name tag hunt group as * + Mailbox number (I believe * for Nupoint # for embedded?) Call reroute this Name Tag HG to the VM Pilot. = Upon dialing in it just goes to the Nupoint Message center. No association to user mailbox at all.

Does any one have any ideas of how I can achieve this easily? I have scoured around the place for solutions and each of the above does not work.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Easy way to send a DID call directly to users Nupoint VM
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
Try pointing to real (trusted) extension forwarded (rerouted always to vm and add this number as an alternate extension in the mailbox using the advanced tab.

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 04:38:34 AM »
Try pointing to real (trusted) extension forwarded (rerouted always to vm and add this number as an alternate extension in the mailbox using the advanced tab.

Thanks John, yes this works well and is the usual way I would do a DID call to a Nupoint call director. It is however limited to having 4 Alternate extensions mapped to the mailbox so if I wanted to send say 10 DIDs to the same mailbox I couldn't. The scenario this happens to me the most is when I'm overflowing a bunch of RGs to the same shared mailbox. I have to waste mailboxes and route the call back to the one shared mailbox via a call director flow.

Hopefully one day Mitel improve on all of this because its all a bit messy and prehistoric  :(
Maybe they could even integrate shared Nupoint mailboxes into the Voicemail section of Micollab 8.1  8)

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
This should be quite easy, Create a Name Tag Hunt Group and reroute to voicemail, Add the number of the Name Tag Huntgroup to the Alternate number then point your DDI at the huntgroup.
Under System Shared options you may need to set Present original DNIS number depending on your software release.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »
Make an ACD Path, cue for 1 second then Interflow it to VM Hunt Group, add the ACD Path DN as an alternate number to the mailbox, point all the DID's you want to the ACD Path.

Using an ACD Path makes the call control application "forget" the original destination/digits when it is interflowed, it only "remembers" the ACD Path DN and that is what is presented to Nupoint.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
Make an ACD Path, cue for 1 second then Interflow it to VM Hunt Group, add the ACD Path DN as an alternate number to the mailbox, point all the DID's you want to the ACD Path.

Using an ACD Path makes the call control application "forget" the original destination/digits when it is interflowed, it only "remembers" the ACD Path DN and that is what is presented to Nupoint.

Yes this should work for the ring groups, but lately something appears broken when I have tried this. Mostly on the latest versions of software. Has anyone else seen this?

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 04:23:52 AM »
See previous comment "Under System Shared options you may need to set Present original DNIS number depending on your software release"

Not sure why you would want to use an ACD path when you have Nupoint, its just complicating things, you only need a name tag hunt group rerouted to voicemail.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 08:40:31 PM »
I think the acd path is better since if you use a nametag and try to transfer to an extension that is forwarded to vm you end up back where the nametag sends you, where an acd path would end in the user mailbox.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 07:04:12 AM »
lost me on that one the question wss "Easy way to send a DID call directly to users Nupoint VM"

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 05:12:48 PM »
Personally, I always use a Nametag Hunt Group for this, but the way I see it the ACD method is pretty much the same effort for the same result.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10