Author Topic: Remote Call Forwarding and 911 emergency call work around?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Remote Call Forwarding and 911 emergency call work around?
« on: December 01, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
I have a remote site connected to a 3300cx controller through MPLS network. The Minet protocol works well for this setup. My 3300 cx controller is at the corporate site running all calls on a T1 trunk. My T1 provider can NOT offer native numbers for this remote site, so T1 provider is doing Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) for numbers assigned to this remote location. My problem is remote call forwarding does not work with 911 calls. If a caller at a remote location calls 911 the call gets routed through the mitel controller at corporate office and I"m not sure what happens, but my T1 provider has informed me 911 calls will not work with RCF.

For my remote location, I was thinking of setting up one SIP line and configure ARS for 911 calls to get directed through the the SIP trunk. My SIP provider will be using E911 which will work from any location as long as I have the correct 911 information registered with SIP provider.

My real problem is:
Recently, I contacted my Mitel distributor and was informed I need a Boarder Gateway for SIP and an additional external IP and licenses for running SIP. This is too costly when there are other cheaper solutions.

Here is the cheaper alternative and questions with going down this path. My question is: Can I configure 1 ONS port on 3300cx to work with SIP/ATA device for outgoing calls? The SIP/ATA adapter will eliminate having to use Mitel Boarder Gateway. The SIP/ATA device will register with my SIP provider and have the correct address/location for E911 service for this remote location. When any phone from my remote location is dialing 911 ARS direct this call as outgoing to this ONS port to use SIP/ATA device. Is this possible and is it a good solution?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:00:37 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Call Forwarding and 911 emergency call work around?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »
The 3300 doesn't handle NAT very well and that is the reason for the MBG.

Your solution is sound and should be no problem.

You may also be able to install an Asterisk system or similar to sit in the middle of the Mitel and Provider.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 10:40:41 AM »
Weird... I swear I responded to this post yesterday... a quite long reply too.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 03:45:50 PM »
I would think having a sip ata connected to a ls port would work for the 911. Not sure how many zones the far end would need, one per would determine the size of the ata(s)

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »
Why not order a single analog line from the ILEC at the remote site and use that?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »
Why not order a single analog line from the ILEC at the remote site and use that?
There is no controller at the remote site... They would either need a dedicated phone, which may work depending on the size or number of users at the remote site, LIM modules, or a FXO device to bring the line back to the controller.

Smarter to just have a SIP carrier provide an ATA at the main site and connect it to a CO Line port of the CX controller and tweak ARS to route the call accordingly.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 11:30:17 AM »
I see, I read it as there was a controller at each site. Makes sense now.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
Thanks for all your replies and support. I am have the equipment but I"m not sure how to set this up.

First, how do I setup the ONS port to work with my SIP-ATA adapter for outgoing/incoming calls? I was looking at the Analog Trunks form/page and was confused.

Thanks.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 10:41:45 AM »
My thought was to connect an ATA to a loop start trunk port

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »
Yup, you are correct. After some research I was able to determine that I needed a to setup LS (Analog Trunk) on the CX controller. Unfortunately, there is little information on the web regarding Mitel's analog trunk setup. I found the the "CO Tone Detection" and "CO Trunk Circuit Descriptors" but I'm not sure which is the correct forms to fill out or the procedure to do this. Anyone out there have any experience with setting up LS? Maybe I need to start a new subject/topic.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:03 AM »
There is quite a bit to getting the LS programmed. Things to consider is where to ring if called externally(I would setup a ring group with as many of the remote phones as possible), this is done in trunk attribute it also should have a specific class of service and perhaps class of restriction. You will need a circuit descriptor, likely the default value will work, maybe a couple of setting changes. The harder part is setting up the dial out restriction or what I would do, some type of zones and location based number setup. You might also need to create a tone file to add a delay to the system dial out. If you are uncomfortable with all these forms, you might want to get your vendor involved and let them know your plan regarding 911. You could point them to this discussion and I'm sure they would follow the reasoning here.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10