Author Topic: Can we add 6867i sip phones to CX-II contorller running MCD or MiVB?  (Read 989 times)

Offline techsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Can we add 6867i sip phones to CX-II contorller running MCD or MiVB?
I've come into some of these phones and want to test them in my lab environment. Never configured a 6867i before, not sure if it should be able to be used with my CX-II or AX controllers - both lab systems can run up to the latest MCD or MiVB.
Any tips on how to add these to the setup? I connect them to the LAN they get an IP from my router and i can get to their Web GUI but they dont seem to have a place for me to tell to to log onto my CX-II or AX units.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Can we add 6867i sip phones to CX-II contorller running MCD or MiVB?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:48:02 PM »
I did one the other day.
I tried a 6863 but it didn't work first try so I tried 6867 and it worked.
Just set it up as a generic SIP device.
So,
On the controller:
 - create CoS, eg 22 with the correct settings
 - create SIP Device profile #, eg 22
 - create a generic SIP device give it extension number, eg 1234 & SIP password 1234, CoS 22, and a SIP Device Option 22
On the handset:
 - LLDP on the network switch gives it the Voice VLAN
 - DHCP gives it an IP address
 - web-browse to the IP address and login to the phone with admin/22222
 - give it its extension number 1234 and the SIP password 1234 and the controller IP address on port 5060

Offline techsupport

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
@VinceWhirlwind - Thank you - that worked !

During my testing in the lab, i found the astra 6867i is able to call to analog stations and receive calls from analog stations with no problems;
However, when calling from (for example) an IP Phone (mitel 5312) on the same lab to or from the Astra 6867i SIP phone, the call rings but SIP-to-SIP there is no talk-path either direction.

Any ideas what may cause this?
5312 to/from another 5312 IP set works fine;
6867i to/from 6867i SIP sets work fine;
Analog to/from 5312 IP sets work fine ;
Analog to/from 6867i SIP sets work fine;
 * only trouble calls are:  5312 IP set to/from 6867i SIP sets call goes but there is no audio on either end of the call.

Also - is there a quicker way to factory default these without knowing the administrator password (factory default password does not work, admin password is unknown).
I was able to re-load the firmware and reset it that way, but was hoping for a quicker key-sequence method if available.

Thanks again!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 02:22:41 PM by techsupport »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:56:15 PM »
I would suggest opening up the inline help on the "SIP Device Capabilities" and read through each option to see if you could change something to make the Mitel-SIP voice path come up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10