Author Topic: Ring once before Hunt Group rings  (Read 1127 times)

Offline rick

• View Profile
Ring once before Hunt Group rings
« on: November 26, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
A customer has incoming calls going through a STAR to determine which phones to ring at what time.
During opening hours this STAR directs to an empty CRA which then times out to a Hunt group.
The Hunt group members are in an extension list so that they all ring at the same time. (The reception phone is part of this hunt group)
When calls are coming in, the reception phone is ringing once before the hunt group  phones all ring.
The customer doesnt want this one ring before the hunt group, but I cant find out why it is ringing once at this time.
Any ideas on why the reception phone would be doing this??

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring once before Hunt Group rings
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »
Is the reception phone listed separately as a member of the hunt group, as well as being in the extension list?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:58:14 AM »
Look at your trunk answering position, is it the reception phone?

It could be that there is system forwarding used to send the call to the STAR so reception can forward calls easier.

If this is the case then I believe there is an option for ringing the phone once.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
Also, what does the phone display show during that one ring?

Offline rick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »
So this was down to me not asking the right question and the customers not talking to each other. or understanding how their system was set up...
The actual issue was the receptionist being slow to answer the phone. ...

The rest of the office hunt group(being told to answer the phone after 1 ring at the most) were doing as they were told, but assuming that the receptionist phone wasnt ringing at all - as they thought it rang BEFORE their phones did.

The receptionist was being v-e-r-y s-l-o-w to answer incoming calls and as such by the time she reached her phone (8 inches away) it stopped ringing as it had been picked up across the office! It was the receptionist that thought her phone was ringing once and stopping (which it was because she took too long and it was answered by someone else everytime!)

Moral of the story - The customer is sometimes 'Confused',  so I should remember to check out what is actually happening on site before reaching out for help on Mitel Forums! Thanks everyone!!
PICNIP (Problem in Chair Not in Phone)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 07:26:46 AM »
Rick,

As they say always look before you leap or as I typically say, trust but verify. After all of these years I have come to the conclusion that non-technical people make inaccurate inferences based on their limited knowledge and assumptions; typically they are wrong.

You could also call that a PIBCAK [Problem in between Chair and Keyset], similar to PIBCAK [Problem in between Chair and Keyboard] for PC issues; interchangeable.

I also like the I.D.10.T. error which somehow seems appropriate for the receptionist in this situation.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »
I would recommend that the receptionist be added to that Hunt Group anyway, that way if she is as slow as she seems to be, the phone will continue to ring her while it forwards to the multi ring group.  Why should she get a break from the noise by being slow?  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10