Author Topic: Bria Softphones and call failures  (Read 992 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Bria Softphones and call failures
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:10:26 AM »
I have a customer that is using Bria softphones over VPN.  They are getting frequent call failures with no audio.
They reported first to ATT.
I obtained this from ATT and I'm not sure how to handle it.  I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what I can try here.

I consulted Bob XXXXXX about this issue with “m=audio field in the SIP header being set to 0.”  This does not appear to be an early or delayed offer problem. It appears to refer to MiTel IP-PBX’s call treatment and routing within FTN. The comment from CounterPath “it's very likely that your SIP server is changing the 'm' line to 0” is  referring to the FTN MiTel IP-PBX equipment. AT&T’s service is IPFlex only, and ATT is not changing this header field. This equipment is managed through a 3rd Party

So my first question is: Am I setting the m=audio to 0? if so, how am I doing that?

Ralph

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bria Softphones and call failures
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:52:20 AM »
You'd need a wireshark trace from the client end to see what's going on.. SDP m=audio with a port of 0 can mean "recvonly" (ie. music on hold or ringback) and isn't enough to figure out the issue.

VPN's are generally poor substitutes for teleworker telephony.

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
Re: Bria Softphones and call failures
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 04:16:59 PM »
They are getting frequent call failures with no audio.

Lets focus on this part, you're saying that they have the ring (Signal) but they do not have any voice (media)?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10