Author Topic: DID/TN to Page Port?  (Read 913 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
DID/TN to Page Port?
« on: November 20, 2018, 01:29:31 PM »
Good day!

I occasionally have to check all the paging speakers (70 volt connected to a MiVoice 250 via the paging port.)  It would be very helpful to have a DID/TN which would go to the paging port.  Having a DID/TN for a page port would allow me to test the speakers by calling from my cell. 

I have tried to set an extension in the call routing table, but it says select a device when I enter the page zone (9600), page port (91000.) I have also tried forwarding a phantom, and creating a CRA to send a call to the paging system.

Anyone have a workaround?  Am I missing something right in front of my face?

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DID/TN to Page Port?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »
Try programming a DID with DISA as the ring-in destination. Call the DID, then enter the page zone extension number when you hear DISA dial tone.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Re: DID/TN to Page Port?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 02:54:19 PM »
DND ON,

Thanks for the ideas and your time!

I changed the TN/DID to DISA and was able to dial outside lines and extensions.  However when I dialed the page extension, I heard four "beeps" then the steady dial tone returned. I was able to dial an extension after the steady dial tone returned.  Not sure what is happening. 

DISA is something the company hasn't used, and I didn't have to dial a password, yikes.  I changed the DISA back to single in the Call Routing Table and read the manual a bit.  DISA would take a bit more reading and configuration for it to be safe.

I did figure out another way to test the paging system.  The paging system has a ring tone generator connected to an extension, so I set the TN in the Call Routing Table to the extension for the ring tone generator.  It works...

Thanks,

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10