Author Topic: User missing name in MiCollab  (Read 1880 times)

Offline MasterOveride

• Contributer
    • View Profile
User missing name in MiCollab
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:58:26 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I ran into an interesting one. I have a user (me actually) that is missing their name in the MiCollab software so it is defaulting to our company name. We sync our account with Active Directory and when I look in Users and Services the name shows up correctly but when I look at the directory under MiCollab Client Services the first and last name are missing. Has anyone run into this before? We are running a Mitel 3300 system on release 8.0 SP3 and MiCollab is on 8.0.2.301.

Don

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: User missing name in MiCollab
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:55:41 PM »
A coworker mentioned a site he is working on has had the same thing happen. Were you able to resolve this?

Offline MasterOveride

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »
Not yet. I'm scheduled to have a call with my provider and Mitel today. Fingers crossed we can figure it out.

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 02:44:26 AM »
its a known issue

First names and last names missing for some users in MiCollab Client Service Accounts
Symptoms
In some cases, it has been observed that a few users are missing their first and last names within MiCollab Client.

Symptoms include:
First name and last name missing for some users in MiCollab Client Service Accounts.
Same names also missing in MiCollab Client (when viewing one of these users).
Same users are missing from the corporate directory.

Environment
MiCollab Client Service release 8.1.
with
MiCollab Mobile Client for iOS 8.0.
Cause
Issue observed when using MiCollab Mobile Client for iOS 8.1 connected to MiCollab Client Service 8.0 Server.
The 8.1 Mobile client passes updated information to an 8.0 MiCollab Server (for example 'Timezone' data), and in some cases this can cause the user's first and last name to be updated to a NULL value within the server.

Issue not present when using MiCollab Mobile Client for iOS 8.1 connected to MiCollab Client Service 8.1 server.

Resolution
To prevent further occurences of the issue, users must upgrade all MiCollab Mobile Clients to 8.1.55.

To repair existing users already missing first and last name data, please raise a ticket with Mitel Product Support, quoting this KB article number.
Remote access (web and ssh access to MiCollab Server) is required, along with a list of affected users.

Offline Ralfo85

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 07:24:05 AM »
Had the same issue about a month ago. Our supplier didn't knew the answer.
I ended up deleting the account and made a new one. Because it was just 1 standard user, this was the quickest solution.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10