Author Topic: Insufficient bandwidth alarms from processor module  (Read 1449 times)

Offline No-Skin

• View Profile
Insufficient bandwidth alarms from processor module
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
Our network is made up of several Mitel 5000s, most of which are receiving insufficient bandwidth alarms.

I have read that these alarms are usually safe to ignore, but the ones I am seeing are from the processor module at each node. For example 'P6007 - Received Insufficient Bandwidth' I understand that the last digit in the alarm represents the node. I am just wondering if this alarm is hardware related and could require a service call, or if its safe to ignore.

Also a hopefully unrelated problem; Sometimes an outside caller will not be able to use our auto attendant menu. When they begin to key in a 5 digit extension the second digit will not be recognized. If you dial very slowly it will be recognized. I'm wondering if any system timers could be causing this problem? The problem doesn't occur all the time, some days it happens frequently and others it doesn't happen at all.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Insufficient bandwidth alarms from processor module
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:33:19 PM »
I disabled the Insufficient Bandwidth alarms on my systems. If there's really a problem, you'll know soon enough.

As to digits being recognized by voice mail, there aren't a lot of adjustments. You used to be able to adjust all sorts of DTMF settings, but not any more. I digress.

Go to Voice Processor / Timers and Limits / DTMF Detection Information. Most of the settings will have a red X, meaning they can't be adjusted. Press F1 and review what the remaining ones do, then experiment with settings.

Warning - take a screenshot of the default values, so you can revert back.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10