Author Topic: Voice Mail Hunt Group as Dial-In Trunk Answer Points  (Read 1074 times)

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
Voice Mail Hunt Group as Dial-In Trunk Answer Points
« on: November 18, 2018, 04:04:10 AM »
Hello guys,

There are 2 different SIP Trunks via PSTN and we have the number 68897000 for department A and another one for department B.

For department A, I set the hunt group #800, including 20 voicemail port, in Dial In Trunk Answer Point as Auto Attendant. With this topology I'm not able to use DID since all the incoming calls are redirected to #800.

Then I absorbed 5 digits in Dial In Trunks Incoming Digit Modification - Absorb, and forward 000 to #800 in CDE Speed Calls form.
So, this is what we have:
Any call to 68897000> 5 digit absorb> 000 redirected to #800
Any call to 68897XXX> Will be connected to extension number XXX

With this topology We can use both Auto Attendant and DID but we have a bigger problem. Whomever who calls to Department B will hear the Voice for Department A since all of the 000 are forwarding to #800, and in Trunk Attribute related to Department B 5 digits also are absorbed.

Is there any way that I would have Auto Attendant (Dial In Trunks Answer Point) and Direct Inward Dial calls (DID) at the same time?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voice Mail Hunt Group as Dial-In Trunk Answer Points
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
I guess I am not understanding the problem... Are you saying basically you just need two auto attendants, one for 68897000 (Dept A) and one for 68897001 (example number, Dept B), and everything else to be routed to extensions (DID's)?

Let's back up a little...

What voicemail system, from the question I am guessing embedded VM? If so, you only get one auto attendant, but can use multi-level mailboxes for menu choices.

Absorbing digits and using system CDE speedcall is depreciated but still functional, but it would be much easier to control if you moved everything to the DID Routing Table form. This would also allow numbers to associated with users via the Users and Devices section (and also outbound caller ID if you wish).

Again, there are many ways to possible solve this, but I want to get a better understanding of the problem.

Offline imanm93

• Keep it simple!
    • View Profile
    • Iman Mohammadi's Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 01:10:43 AM »
Thanks for the replay.

Are you saying basically you just need two auto attendants, one for 68897000 (Dept A) and one for 68897001 (example number, Dept B), and everything else to be routed to extensions (DID's)?

Exactly!

Let me describe my problem as a question.
Is there any way that I could set an Auto Attendant for Managing all the calls to the number 68897000 and also have DID at the same time?

When we set an Auto Attendant number in Dial-In Trunk Answer Point, all the calls to the number 68897XXX are redirected to Auto Attendant (which is embedded voicemail) and with this the ability for DID calls are unuseable.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:13:02 AM by imanm93 »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
Thanks for the replay.

Are you saying basically you just need two auto attendants, one for 68897000 (Dept A) and one for 68897001 (example number, Dept B), and everything else to be routed to extensions (DID's)?

Exactly!

Let me describe my problem as a question.
Is there any way that I could set an Auto Attendant for Managing all the calls to the number 68897000 and also have DID at the same time?

When we set an Auto Attendant number in Dial-In Trunk Answer Point, all the calls to the number 68897XXX are redirected to Auto Attendant (which is embedded voicemail) and with this the ability for DID calls are unuseable.
You can't set an answer point and have DID... you just point that DID to the VM Hunt Group, and if there is no mailbox that matches they get the general AA greeting. If there is a mailbox that matches, it will go to that mailbox, to get around it, make a phantom extension and point that main number to it, and reroute it to VM but do not create a mailbox for it. Should take care of it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10