Author Topic: Mitel 3300 ver 9 - NSU/Analog/Nodes  (Read 1830 times)

Offline msouva

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 ver 9 - NSU/Analog/Nodes
« on: November 15, 2018, 03:55:49 PM »
Good afternoon,

We would like to upgrade to version 9 here with our 3300's and I was reading that the FIM's that connect our nodes will not work.  The only thing we have on two of these nodes are analog sets for fax machines.  I see there are some Mitel 51304961 TA7108 Terminal Adapters that will probably take care of this issue as we have only 32 analog lines.  Does anyone have a any feedback on these units?

The other FIM node is our NSU which handles a PRI in our backup location.  Is there anything we can do to replace this and keep our backup PRI?

Thank you,

Mark

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 ver 9 - NSU/Analog/Nodes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
Is your 3300 MXE iii with 1gb of Ram?....do you have CIM ports vacant? Do you have a Duel T1/E1 card...you could go SIP trunks if you have MBG? If you use the Terminal adapters you will need user device license because they are SIP devices. I would much rather use ASU ii for analog devices

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »
I have one 3300 that will need additional RAM.  I have two CIM ports that are free.  I do not see the ASU in the list for unsupported devices, so if they are not, then I can use them. 

Will the Dual T1/E1 be affected?  I thought it was the FIM ports?  We have looked at SIP trunks.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 12:16:37 PM »
I don't want to speak for BlackSunshine, but my interpretation is that the T1 card would serve to replace your NSU. Especially if it's just for one PRI.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »
Anything "Obsoleted" in 9.0 or higher is just not usable, the entire OS was re-written and I am sure they didn't make kernel modules (the Linux equivalent of drivers) for those hardware devices.

Anything using the Dual Fiber Interface Module (FIM) is obsolete and unsupported.
All DSU's, all NSU's, all Fiber Distributed Peripheral Bays, and all SX-200 Bays. I would also take this to mean Fiber connected ASU's (is there such a thing?) are obsolete, but CIM interfaced ASU's are fine. 

DSU's have for most practical purposes been obsolete for some time. NSU's can easily be replaced by Dual T1/E1 modules, or if you have no module spaced available you can use a SIP PRI gateway and convert the PRI to SIP in most cases.

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
Thank you everybody for the information.  Does anyone know if the CIM would work with a Fiber Transceiver? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 11:19:08 PM »
Thank you everybody for the information.  Does anyone know if the CIM would work with a Fiber Transceiver?
No, the CIM ports uses a proprietary ATM signaling protocol and are not IP, a standard fiber transciever will not work.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »
I've installed some ATA 7108 for faxes, they work.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10