Author Topic: can't leave message for blind transfered from gathered digits  (Read 1020 times)

Offline carnotlife

• View Profile
can't leave message for blind transfered from gathered digits
« on: November 13, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »
Not much experience with phone systems and trying to figure this out so I can try to get it fixed. I have a 3300 with NuPoint VM.

Calls come in through SIP to a DID (1010). There is a call flow and mailbox associated with that extension. While the system is in day mode that extension is monitored by reception or runs the associated call flow. The call flow provides a menu that allows the caller to dial by name, leave a message in a general mailbox or dial by extension and do a blind transfer to the gathered digits. This all works flawlessly and I can leave a voicemail at the blind transfer extension

During night1 the extension is Rerouted to a NameTag type Hunt Group (1013) which has no members. The Hunt Group isn't associated with a nupoint mailbox and has no call flow associated with it. That Hunt Group is Rerouted to Voice Mail (7000) for day and night modes. The Call Flow that actually runs associated with this Hunt Group (during night1) is in mailbox 1012???. That call flow provides a menu that allows the caller to dial by name, leave a message in a general mailbox or dial by extension and then do a blind transfer to the gathered digits. This all works with the exception of being able to leave a voicemail at the blind transfer extension. After ringing to the extension, the caller is kicked back into the top of the call flow (1012).

Here's what I don't understand:
How does the Hunt Group (1013) get forwarded to the mailbox (1012).
Are there any options for doing this easier? It seems really complex for what it's doing.

I've looked at the call forward and call recall settings and they don't make any difference. I tried adjusting the Rerouting to cut out the hunt group and then I only get the day message (which also doesn't make any sense).

I've searched the forums here but so far have been unable to find a topic that answers my questions.

I realize this is a complicated issue but would appreciate any insight that can be offered.

My local support people have left this issue outstanding for quite some time and I need to get it resolved.

Thanks.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: can't leave message for blind transfered from gathered digits
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 06:05:51 AM »
OK firstly, I'm no expert on NuPoint.

Sounds like being a Name Tag HG is causing problems as once a Name Tag always a Name Tag. o when the call hits the VM again it is still using the Name Tag directory number.

As for 1013 and 1012 look at the NuPoint mailbox and click advanced. The may be an alternate extension programmed.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »
I tried adjusting the Rerouting to cut out the hunt group and then I only get the day message (which also doesn't make any sense).

I think this is where you are on the right track.
Change your re-routing so all three Day/Night1/Night2 always go to 1010 and the existing call flow.
At the top of the call flow put a schedule which allows daytime calls through to a branch consisting of the existing callflow and create a new branch with its own messaging for  the out of hours calls.

Offline carnotlife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:21:50 PM »
@sarond
The 1012 mailbox did indeed have an Alternate Extension (1013) programmed. That clears that up. Thanks.

@VinceWhirlwind
Your suggestion here makes the most sense to me. Is there any way to configure the override at the top of the call flow to react based on the day/night1/night2 modes rather than another schedule? Our reception staff currently enables day mode with soft keys to accommodate inclement weather, so I don't believe a static schedule will accomplish what we need.

Thanks for the help.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 02:30:17 AM »
This is the same issue I've run into, the customer wants the mode to be more dynamic rather than a schedule.

As you have mentioned I usually have an override at the top and either give the client web access to the mailbox call director or they can login via the handset and activate it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10