Author Topic: Multiple MiVB R9 with one MiCollab 8.1  (Read 1021 times)

Offline slips007

• View Profile
Multiple MiVB R9 with one MiCollab 8.1
« on: November 01, 2018, 04:40:12 PM »
Hi,
What is the process to add multiple MiVBs (2) to one MiCollab server? The primary MiVB uses the NuPoint UM license and any users created in MiCollab get replicated back to the primary system. I cant seem to get the same thing to happen when I provision a user to be on the 2nd MiVB. I get an error saying the MiVB and MiCollab cannot sync. I have the ESM login added to the network elements in MiCollab.
I checked the manuals but cannot seem to find details on the steps for this...

Offline celswood

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple MiVB R9 with one MiCollab 8.1
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 05:00:55 PM »
The MiVBs need to be in a cluster with the MiCollab server using FTP to manage changes on both controllers

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Offline slips007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:27:48 PM »
Thanks. I have 2 MiVB servers that I need to enable FTP on. I did a sharing and sync on the first MiVB and it went great - no issues.
I assumed that once you do that from one MiVB that they should all have FTP. Is that the case?
Or do you need to individually go to each other MiVB and do a sync to MiCollab only after everything is setup?

Offline celswood

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:34 AM »
Correct, when sharing from the first controller it will share the network elements form. This will then allow the MICollab to sync with the other controllers in the cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »
I am a little concerned you don't understand what has to take place here by your use of "FTP", unless it's just a translation or language issue.

For this to work, all the Mitel controllers must be setup in a cluster, sharing information via SDS... if you are not familiar with doing this, I would highly recommend getting your Mitel vendor involved as this can run into all kinds of issues if you are not competent with doing it. The controllers must SHARE data, and there can be significant issues if they have not been doing that as there is a lot of forms that are shared by default.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10