Author Topic: Virtual Nupoint upgrade  (Read 1193 times)

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Virtual Nupoint upgrade
« on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:28 PM »
Has anyone run into a virtual Nupoint upgrade that had any issue? This is the second one I am doing, the first went fine and the second...rings busy. I did an MSL restore from another server, so all configuration should be identical. The restore process takes the IP of the running server and then shuts down the running server. I see apoint during the restore where it states restoring NPM database, is it still required to do the NPM restore after MSL? That is the only thing that I did differently with the first one. The first one had no issue after doing this- seems to be the process outlined in the THB. *Note- I also attempted to restore the NPM on the second upgrade, but it still rings busy. What am I missing??

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Virtual Nupoint upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »
Guess I have done several of these, both virtual and physical stand-alone Nupoint boxes, never had to do anything special they just work.

My guess would be the COS of the ports on the MCD is missing something, or you have the FAC's for register/replace incorrect in the Nupoint... Just off the top of my head since I have never had a failure.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »
That was my experience with the first one as well...it just worked. All logic defied, if it works on the running server, it should work on the new server.....just the same as the first upgrade.

Offline celswood

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »
Are the ports out of service on the MIVB? What device type do you have them configured as? E.g. 5020 IP

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:40:33 PM »
The ports on the MVB are not out of service. It’s an upgrade from a working virtual to a new virtual. No programming changes should be needed. I shut down the new server bring the old one back online and all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10