Author Topic: Load balancing between 3 TDM gateways  (Read 967 times)

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
Load balancing between 3 TDM gateways
« on: October 31, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »
I believe i know the answer to this, but wanting to check.

I have a vMCD going in with approximately 500 users. There will be 3 different TDM gateways with a PRI each. Is there any way to easily load balance the outgoing calls between the three gateways or am I looking at some sort of convoluted COR/ARS route list solution to achieve some sort of balance?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Load balancing between 3 TDM gateways
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 07:43:35 AM »
If, for whatever reason, load balancing is an important objective, it may make sense to select a TDM gateway platform on that basis rather than trying to bend VMCD to your will.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:22:25 AM »
I believe i know the answer to this, but wanting to check.

I have a vMCD going in with approximately 500 users. There will be 3 different TDM gateways with a PRI each. Is there any way to easily load balance the outgoing calls between the three gateways or am I looking at some sort of convoluted COR/ARS route list solution to achieve some sort of balance?
How are you getting the PRI's into the vMCD? Honestly, if this is a real issue the best way would be to put in a physical MCD as a TDM gateway with a couple Dual T1/E1 modules, then each channel of the PRI can have a trunk number and you can just build a trunk group with them uniquely defined...

PRI #1 - Trunk numbers 1001-1023
PRI #2 - Trunk numbers 1101-1123
PRI #3 - Trunk numbers 1201-1223

Then build your trunk group in linear hunting with the following order:

(continue pattern as needed)

Otherwise, using three unique third party gateways when this is required would be difficult, maybe impossible, without a single multi-PRI gateway.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:24:30 AM by acejavelin »

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 07:25:51 PM »
Ok, I obviously did not explain this properly.

There will be a vMCD with all users registered to it and 3 CX Media gateways with PRI's. The CX Media Gateways are located in different physical locations. Realistically, I think I'm going to need to segregate the users into groups and build different route lists to send them out a different gateway per user. Just looking for alternate opinions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10