Author Topic: Mivo 250 LCD Panel - changing IP address and gateway  (Read 1454 times)

Offline rick

• View Profile
Mivo 250 LCD Panel - changing IP address and gateway
« on: October 31, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »
Hi all,
Happy Halloween!
I have a remote customer  - the only way to get there is a 2 hour flight and then a boat ride across a lake. The customer has had a new modem installed, which is giving out a different subnet than the old one.
This means that we have lost the remote access we had to the Mivo250.
What I want to do is get the customer to update the IP address and Gateway, using the front panel of the Controller.
I can then use logmein on her PC to update the IP range for the phones. Then voila! Everything will be hunky dory again.

I wondered if anyone had a diagram or user guide to using the front panel display and buttons, that I can doctor, and send her, to show her exactly what to do. Does anyone have somethng like this that they can send me? If not I will make pne up, but would love to save a few hours work...

Thanks!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mivo 250 LCD Panel - changing IP address and gateway
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:44:03 AM »
Could you login to their PC and set a static IP address for their new network and old network.

This should allow you to connect to the MiCO250 assuming there is no VLANs.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:08:01 AM »
Do you have a 250 in your test bench? Walk them through it as you do it, I've done it several times even with "technically challenged" people, and been able to get through it every time without a truck roll. It isn't as bad as it seems as long as you have the information you need.

Offline rick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:56:35 AM »
Thanks Sarond and ace. I am looking into trying both methods. If I coud get the 2nd static IP set up (there are no vLans) then hopefully I can access teh system remotely again. If this doesnt work, then a slow gentle approach with the walk through should hopefully work!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10