Author Topic: Support Lately  (Read 1258 times)

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Support Lately
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Learned about phone systems with the Toshiba platforms and now our company is partnered with Mitel.

At the start of the year when I would call into the support queue I could get help on that call by knowledgeable folks even if I was on hold for a while. The last 5-6 times I've called, it's been picked up nearly immediately and I haven't gotten any immediate assistance. The support agent has me repeat my issues and then asks to continue troubleshooting via email. What gives?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Support Lately
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »
I have to agree, the first line seem to know nothing about the products now. Also the Tech Tracker thing is a joke. Have to use an old browser, but can't use it to view their webpage.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:51:22 PM by johnp »

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 05:49:42 AM »
I'm in France and we only call if there is an emergency, otherwise it's all through TechCentral tracker.

The few times I called I got someone that doesn't know the product, but after that I got the right person. Including an engineer that had to be woken up.

I noticed the other day that it's possible to open a TechCentral ticket with "system is down", before it was rejected. That way I can describe the problem at length, attach logs etc., and still call about it, instead of having to explain everything on the phone.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 11:09:07 AM »
I'm using TechCentral Tracker for all my escalations, even critical. Few times I had to use phone because I could not access the TechCentral Tracker. If the ticket is marked as critical they act quickly.

I have to agree, the first line seem to know nothing about the products now.

If they hire new support people, nobody is expert in the first month. I do not consider myself as an expert after so many years.

Have to use an old browser, but can't use it to view their webpage.

Maybe they are working on a new system already, after the acquisition a lot of the old pages have been redesigned (AMC, CPQ, etc.)

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
I hope they make some progress on TechCentral Tracker.

From what I've gathered Mitel isn't doing support inhouse anymore. It's outsourced and some of the previous support made the choice or were offered a job while some chose otherwise or didn't get an offer. No official word obviously.

Anxious for the outlook of the onprem stuff to say the least.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »
Tech Central Tracker looked old fashioned a decade ago and is pretty much a living fossil. I struggle to understand why they persist in keeping it on life support. Surely in the M&A activity they've done in the past 10 years, they've picked up a company with a better customer-facing helpdesk than that? Actually I know they have a better one, because licensing.support@mitel.com uses OTRS.

My experience with MiVB support in the UK isn't great. Take their sweet time and you'll eventually get a patronising response, responses indicate they obviously haven't read what you've put on the ticket, etc. Support for MiCC, on the other hand, is the opposite. Swift responses [get this - sometimes they even call you rather than emailing!] from someone who knows the product inside out, almost always fixes it first time and usually leaves me with a handy little tip or trick for managing MiCC into the bargain.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »
I'm happy to hear about the great MiCC support. I'm in the processing of implementing my first deployment and know that it will hurt a little.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
You should log a ticket with Techcentral telling them exactly when you are doing the install and asking for an email contact during that time in case you need any questions answered.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 09:07:27 AM »
You should log a ticket with Techcentral telling them exactly when you are doing the install and asking for an email contact during that time in case you need any questions answered.

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 02:14:49 PM »
I recently opened an online case for a dead fan. Their response, "swap the primary and secondary fan to see if the trouble goes with the fan". So I need to schedule 1 hour of after-hours downtime to swap a $10 fan to see if trouble follows the fan? I don't mind swapping the fan, but f I have to take the system down I would rather have a replacement fan in my possession.  :-X

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »
If the fan was dead why did you open a case for it instead of just replacing it with a new one?

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 08:38:28 PM »
Under HW maintenance, we need to open a case for replacement parts. They do not want to send a replacement fan until we follow the troubleshoot steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10