Author Topic: Our Mitel CX 3300 suddenly refuses to make outgoing and incoming calls  (Read 2370 times)

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello,

Please help.

Our Mitel CX 3300 has been working great for very long time but suddenly, it refuses to make outgoing nor accept incoming calls. Calling internally is working fine. So I contacted our ISDN provider to see if there's a problem and they told me that line is OK and advised to restart the PBX. They said line is but not sychronised and told me that there might be a problem with the T1/E1 module.

Before i restarted the PBX, the log showed that Digital link was absent. After I restarted, problem is still the same. But this time, log showed:

CHUB SERVICE PROVIDER CHubSP.cpp;1180 CHubSP::ReadSysId()->iButton Device appears to be missing

Internal calls fine but still can't make calls outside nor receive call from outside.

I noticed, the time on the IP phones are 3 hours ahead of the PABX!

What seems to be the problem?

How can I fix this? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I call my vendor?

Thanks!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Our Mitel CX 3300 suddenly refuses to make outgoing and incoming calls
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 10:13:09 AM »
The I-button has the system identity and I would look at the license form to see if this has a value. I think without shows all zeros. You could remove the cover and verify this is properly seated. It looks like a cmos battery.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »
This is really something you should get your vendor involved in... an iButton issue deals with licensing and means your identity module is loose/missing (very unusual unless you have been physically moving your equipment around recently), or the iButton or chassis is defective and must be replaced which could involve making changes in Mitel's AMC.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 06:27:20 PM »
I agree with Ace, but my initial troubleshooting would be to at least verify the I-button is properly seated and give it a spin. which is what your vendor will likely do first.

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 03:40:55 AM »
Thanks guys.

The equipment hasn't been moved ever since so i would not suspect that the identity module is loose.

However, i followed @johnp's advice and checked the license form. Everything is there but the Hardware Identifier is blank. I tried to change record and I get this error "The Hardware Identifier has not been correctly installed. License and Options can not be programmed."

Is this a hardware problem?

BTW, Since the time isn't the same as our local time (it used to be). It's supposed to update automatically via NTP server. So, I played around a little bit and tried to manually change the Date and Time but I get this error "Generic Forms Application Server: Internal Server Error!"

So I browsed and read somewhere in the forums and found similar problem about ibutton missing suggesting to do a restore. Is this worth a try?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:27:09 AM by renantea »

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 05:39:13 AM »
Okay so I checked the logs, and I got this response after executing the commande "SHOW FAULTS ALARMS"

Trunks                                                                         
----------------------------------------------------------                     
|                |                              | Total  |                     
| Cab Shelf Slot |      Card Description        | Faults |                     
|  6    1     2  | MC269Ax Universal E1         |   10   |                     

What does this mean?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 06:11:42 AM »
That's your ISDN card and presumably explains why you can't make external calls.
It sounds like you've got some pretty fundamental problems with your system. If you have paid-for support then I can't really fathom why you're asking for help from random strangers on the internet!

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 07:20:49 AM »
@Dogbreath. I was asking because I am trying to figure out what the problem is and probably would be able to fix it on my own. No more service contract from vendor so we need to pay for a fee to fix it. But while it's true that we are able to pay for the service, technical support in this country is painfully terrible! It doesn't hurt if I ask for advise from the experts here..

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »
The I-Button also has a RTC, I don't know if the system uses this clock. I does sound like you I-button failed and will need replacing. This will also result in a need to clear the hardware id on Mitel's AMC. You may be best to call a tech and at least let him know about the I-button issue

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 03:06:05 AM »
@johnp. Thanks for your advise.

After all the misery in finding what really went wrong it turned out that the main problem was the ISDN line. We contacted our ISDN provider and all is working fine now.

However, i am still getting the I-button problem and the incorrect time. Will try to figure this out with a tech. But, at least we can make outbound and inbound calls now (this is all the matters).

Thanks for all you help. I really appreciate it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10