Author Topic: MiVoice Office 250 maximum parties for Meet-Me Conferencing  (Read 2407 times)

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice Office 250 maximum parties for Meet-Me Conferencing
« on: October 26, 2018, 02:40:06 PM »
Looking to find out if there is a maximum number of parties that can call in to Mitel Meet-Me Conferencing.

I read elsewhere there is a maximum of 8 parties in Meet-Me Conferencing.  I tested this and got up to 11 separate (internal) lines in the conference before I stopped testing.   Maybe internal lines do not count towards any possible maximum?

Anybody know if there is a maximum, and if this maximum can be configured / changed?  Would like to cap conferencing to 10 parties if possible.

I go to System -> Conference Related Information -> Meet-ME Conferencing and I am not seeing any options there for capping the usage of this conferencing.

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: MiVoice Office 250 maximum parties for Meet-Me Conferencing
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:56:28 PM »
20 in a single conference, but you have 40 total conference sorceress.

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »
Hmm any way to change the maximum to a lower number?  Would like to change the maximum if possible.

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »
Not that I am aware of, but others on the board know the solution better than I.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
Joshgoldeneagle,

This is straight from the manual.

Quote from:  Mitel
Release 5.1 and later increased the Meet-Me Conferencing limits from 20 ports with a maximum conference size of eight parties, to 40 ports with a maximum conference size of twenty parties.

In reality though the maximum size is actually 45, but there is no way for you to reach that since the maximum number of participants is 20 in a single conference; ad-hoc or meet-me.

Advanced Conferencing Ad-Hoc Party Limit: 20
Advanced Conferencing Concurrent Channel Limit: 45

Why do you want to cripple the conferencing feature of your system?

Thanks,

TE

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »
The reason we are interested to set a lower maximum is that we have the PBX on a T1 which supports 23 lines total, and we want to reserve a certain number of lines of other phone calls outside of conferencing.   We also provide meeting space for outside organizations and are considering whether to provide phone conferencing capabilities for them.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:14:50 AM »
joshgoldeneagle,

I am going to go with there is nothing you can change to fix the number to only allow 10 users in the Meet-Me Conferencing or Ad-Hoc Conferencing. If you call Mitel and ask them I am sure they will tell you the same thing, but you are more than welcome to try.

Sorry,

TE

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
joshgoldeneagle,

I am going to go with there is nothing you can change to fix the number to only allow 10 users in the Meet-Me Conferencing or Ad-Hoc Conferencing. If you call Mitel and ask them I am sure they will tell you the same thing, but you are more than welcome to try.

Sorry,

TE

Ok thank you

I had zero expectations coming into this question.  Just wanted to find out if changing the max allowed parties for conferencing was a feature or not.  And it looks like I have my answer. 

Much appreciated!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10