Author Topic: MiVoice Release 9 failed to upgrade  (Read 3479 times)

Offline mohkhalifa

• View Profile
MiVoice Release 9 failed to upgrade
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »
Hello guys,
when I'm trying to upgrade my CX II to release 9, I got an error message from the migration tool that the version of Mivoice business on my system is not supported for migration to Mivoice business 9.0 and my existing release is 8.0 SP3 PR1.
Is it a RAMs problem because I have 512mb ? if yes from where I can got this old kind of RAMs to upgrade to 1GB

Any Advice !!

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MiVoice Release 9 failed to upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:35:03 PM »
Hello guys,
when I'm trying to upgrade my CX II to release 9, I got an error message from the migration tool that the version of Mivoice business on my system is not supported for migration to Mivoice business 9.0 and my existing release is 8.0 SP3 PR1.
Is it a RAMs problem because I have 512mb ? if yes from where I can got this old kind of RAMs to upgrade to 1GB

Any Advice !!

Thanks
Yes, the RAM is the issue, at least the first one... The release notes and the migration tool clearly state you must have 1GB of RAM.

Officially, the RAM is available from your Mitel vendor, P/N 50006727 - MXe III/CX II 1GB RAM Upgrade Module (x1 for CX(i)-II or MXe-III without the E2T expansion module, x2 if MXe-III with E2T expansion module)

UNOFFICIALLY it is an industry standard notebook style 1GB DDR2-667 CL5 SODIMM module (we have used Crucial J46396/CT12864AC667) at about 10% of the Mitel branded one... but let me clear, this NOT supported by Mitel and could effect any warranty or service agreement if you purchase an unofficial module outside of approved channels.

Be aware, if you upgrade to 9.0 at this time there is no way to do a "clean" install on a physical controller... In other words, if you have a hard drive fail and you attempt to replace it on your own, there is currently no method to provision and install the software (been going round and round with tech support for a couple weeks now). So upgrade to 9 with caution...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:36:49 PM by acejavelin »

Offline mohkhalifa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »
Thanks acejavelin for your kind reply and care

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 03:27:05 AM »
Be aware, if you upgrade to 9.0 at this time there is no way to do a "clean" install on a physical controller... In other words, if you have a hard drive fail and you attempt to replace it on your own, there is currently no method to provision and install the software (been going round and round with tech support for a couple weeks now). So upgrade to 9 with caution...

Interesting that there is currently no way to reinstall the SW manually if the box has already been upgraded to v9.0. I have been doing manual reinstall pre-v9.0 many times in my lab so I will be happy if you share any solution from support. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:40:28 AM »

Interesting that there is currently no way to reinstall the SW manually if the box has already been upgraded to v9.0. I have been doing manual reinstall pre-v9.0 many times in my lab so I will be happy if you share any solution from support.
Yeah, this seems like a big deal to me... Not sure how we are supposed to reinstall at this time.

I have a test system that has a RAID controller, one of the drives is failing... About once a week it says the drive is out sync, do a manual sync and it's OK for a while, pretty sure drive 2 is failing. I wanted to just run to the local electronics store and grab a couple 120GB SSD's since they are like $25 each and do a clean install, but it seems at this time it can't be done.

Ticket history is a bit strange... sharing for reference only:

Ticket History (Notes):

Answer Reason: Further Investigation/Debug
Action Owner: xxxx
Next Action(s): Hello,

After speaking with a senior colleague here, he said they used to do this with older software. He said he is going to investigate how to use the iso to do a fresh install. before you could use software installation tool and install the software from a PC. The way this will need to be done until he finds an answer is going to have to downgrade to 8.0 SP3 then migrate to 9.0.

Jason

Above note entered at 10/11/2018 11:30:07 AM by MITEL
==============================
The following is the beginning portion of an email message sent from xxxx. Select "Email" from the Show menu for more info.

----- BEGIN EMAIL MESSAGE -----
I´ll have to do some reading, but how do you use a CD on an MXe III controller?
----- END EMAIL MESSAGE -----

Above note entered at 10/11/2018 2:43:31 AM by Remedy Application Service

After speaking with come collegues, we have come up with 2 possible solutions:

-Download then burn the iso file then install using the CD
-this would be the messier option to downgrade the system to 8.0 sp3 then migrate the system again

Let me know your results.

Jason

Above note entered at 10/10/2018 11:03:54 AM by MITEL
The following is the beginning portion of an email message sent from xxxx. Select "Email" from the Show menu for more info.

----- BEGIN EMAIL MESSAGE -----
Could you be more specific than just linking to the general docs page? I know that software installation procedures are usually in the Technician’s Handbook, but for an MXe III controller the only information in there is about performing a migration. The controller has already had 9.0 installed on it so the chassis is already upgraded, the “old” installation process does not work.

Basically I am wondering how to do a manual installation of 9.0 on a blank hard drive with no software installed at all on an MXe III controller that already had 9.0 installed and working.
----- END EMAIL MESSAGE -----

Above note entered at 10/9/2018 4:37:02 PM by Remedy Application Service

I have found a list of documents that may help in the install http://edocs.mitel.com/default.htm . Let me know if you find what you are looking for and if the case can be closed.

Jason

Above note entered at 10/9/2018 10:15:07 AM by MITEL
Checked technicians handbook for 9.0 and found no information. (added by xxxx)

Above note entered at 10/8/2018 9:24:57 AM by xxxx

Summary: How to do clean install of 9.0
Details: Our demo system has been upgraded to 9.0 and has been working fine, but one of the RAID drives is failing and is currently running on one old 160GB SATA drive. Planning on replacing them with two off the shelf (non-Mitel branded) SSD drives (this is a non-production test system). How do I do a fresh install of 9.0 and not a migration, the system was already upgraded to 9.0 a few weeks ago? 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10