Author Topic: Auto Hotdesk Login Button  (Read 1263 times)

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
Auto Hotdesk Login Button
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:46:14 AM »
I am trying to set up a couple of buttons on a phone which will essentially allow two users to switch hot desk profile by pressing a button with their name on. To do this I plan to use station speed dial assigned to a programmable button.

I need to know if there is a way to include a # in the speed dial itself to automatically go through the passcode screen (the profiles won't have one set). Right now I've got one set to '348170' (170 being the hot desk profile). I essentially just want it to be '348170#'. However, I'm not sure how to do this as the # key is what is used to confirm the speed dial.

If this is possible, or if there is a better way of achieving the same thing that would be great.

I am trying this on a Mitel 8528 digital phone. If there is some way to do this with the database programming tool I am also happy to do it that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Auto Hotdesk Login Button
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »
By pressing the special key on the phone will allow you to select between #,*, and P (Pause). When you are creating the string.

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 10:44:48 AM »
Perfect! Thank you

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 02:48:32 PM »
Put the DB programming into On-Line Monitor and that menu option will appear. Be careful as this by-passes the restrictions in the system.

Go into system-->Device and Feature codes-->Phones-->Ext-->Speed Dial Numbers and you can modify the speed dial keys with your keyboad.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 04:37:01 PM »
I don't understand. What's so difficult about logging into a Hot Desk profile?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10