Author Topic: Mitel 5000 System forward initiate timer  (Read 2228 times)

Offline MoAl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 System forward initiate timer
« on: October 15, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
Hello,

We have Mitel 5000 console. The problem we are having is the phone rings two times and direct the call to the voice mail. Although the "System forward initiate" is set to 30 Seconds, the problem is still there. It's happening to all the phones it the company. The problem started after a tech from Mitel remotely programmed the pilot number for the Meet-Me-Conference. Any ideas on how to extend the time before forwarding calls when no one picks up the call ?

Thanks !

Offline MoAl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 System forward initiate timer
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »
Changing the "System Forward Initiate" "under 5000 CP-->System-->Timers and Limits" doesn't do anything. If I set it to 2 or 100 seconds, will get the same result.

Offline MoAl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
I was able to find "Ring Duration" settings when I right click a phone extension and click on "Edit Users". Increasing the number will fix the issue. However, I'll have to do it manually for all users. Is there a better way to change that number one time for all phones ?

Please see the screenshot.

Offline MoAl

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 12:03:10 PM »
For anyone out there who is having the same issue. The fix was to set "Ring Duration" under 5000 CP-->Users-->User-Related Information-->Dynamic Externsion Express Templates-->Mobile Twinning
Then apply right click on the user account and and select " Apply Dynamic Extension Express Template to Selected Users..."

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 02:41:12 PM »
That's exactly what I was thinking, but since there was no mention of twinning, I didn't offer the solution.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 06:32:21 PM »
MoAl,

Thanks a billion for posting the solution. 

Today (2021) I was trying to figure out why changing System Initiate Forward didn't change the ring time before transfer.  I wouldn't' have guessed DEE, when it's off, would affect (override!) the System Forward Initiate.  I spent a "bit" of time before I googled this issue.  I should have googled it sooner.

Thanks, thanks, thanks,

Jeff

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 08:22:18 AM »
JeffonJohnsIsland,

It will even override manual forwards unless you turn that feature off; Hint:Online Monitor. Just keep in mind that a copy and paste doesn't work with that feature so you will need to do it for each user you want to change.

I would have thought, by now at least, that everyone would have realized that creating a DEE User changes it from using System Forwarding to DEE Steps.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10