Author Topic: invlaid call ringback tone  (Read 1468 times)

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
invlaid call ringback tone
« on: October 12, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »
currently when a call is "invalid" the calling party hears a ringback that is similar to a busy tone.  is it possible to change this to  more of a LEC style " your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try again"?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: invlaid call ringback tone
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
currently when a call is "invalid" the calling party hears a ringback that is similar to a busy tone.  is it possible to change this to  more of a LEC style " your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try again"?
Sure... The tone you are referring to is called "Reorder tone" and can be adjusted for a multitude of specific situations.

Build a RAD announcement with the recording you wish... "You pushed the buttons wrong or can't read... get good and try again" or whatever. :)

Then go to Call Routing - Call Handling - Intercept Handling, and select the condition (such as Unassigned Directory Number as an example) and change the Unassigned Directory Number - Tone to (blank) and then set Unassigned Directory Number - Directory Number to the DN of your RAD.

The embedded help section for Intercept Handling and Recorded Announcement Device (RAD) Greetings should help.

If you are talking about if the user dials an invalid OUTSIDE number that is rejected by telco, then there is nothing we can do for that, the audio is provided by the telco.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:28:33 AM by acejavelin »

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »
the numbers i am refereing to are OUTSIDE numbers.  i am curious in that if i call from the Mitel 3300 i get the fast busy with the INVALID on the LCD screen of the phone.  but if i dial from my cell phone the same number i get a message from the LEC stating the number is not valid.  i would be happy if we actually pushed through the LEC recording and did not translate it to a fast busy reorder.  is that possible?  or am i just out of luck on Outside numbers?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
the numbers i am refereing to are OUTSIDE numbers.  i am curious in that if i call from the Mitel 3300 i get the fast busy with the INVALID on the LCD screen of the phone.  but if i dial from my cell phone the same number i get a message from the LEC stating the number is not valid.  i would be happy if we actually pushed through the LEC recording and did not translate it to a fast busy reorder.  is that possible?  or am i just out of luck on Outside numbers?
If it is actually saying "Invalid" in the display, we should be able to apply treatment to it.

Easy to test... change some of the options in Intercept Handling to "Dialtone" and then dial an invalid number, I am not sure which one covers this exactly but if you get the right one it will return a dialtone instead of reorder, then apply the RAD to that condition. Messing with these options is not service affecting.

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
so it appears that it is the Unassigned Directory Number - Tone 

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »
would you say that building a RAD with Call Director is the easiest way to do this

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 12:18:18 PM »
the more i read on this the more i find people saying to not burn a Voicemail port on this.  that being said i am not finding a lot of good examples or documentation on using say a hunt group to build this out. 
i setup a
COS = 30
   RAD
      Recorded Announcement Device = Yes
Device 1998
 COS = 30
Hunt Group 1999
   Type = RAD
   Member = 1998
when i call the HG i get a dial tone 
i would like to record a greeting here and have it use that instead of DialTone but not sure how to do that.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 12:26:31 PM »
If you are using the embedded VM, then you shouldn't have any problem burning a port... You probably have 20 or 30 anyway, use one from the middle of the ports, don't use the first or last VM port.

You are getting dialtone because you haven't recorded a greeting... Have you build your RAD Greetings set, assigned it to a port, and logged into the admin mailbox and recorded the RAD set greeting?

Otherwise, I guess you could use an Information mailbox... Build a dummy extension (or nametag hunt group, or whatever) and mailbox, reroute always to VM, set the mailbox type to Information only, and record the greeting there.

There are literally a dozen ways to do this, and it varies based on your VM type.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:29:59 PM by acejavelin »

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
so here is what i did
COS = 30
   RAD
      Recorded Announcement Device = Yes
Device = 1998
  Type = 5020
   COS = 30
Call Routing
   Call routing always to VM for Ext 1998
VM = Greeting Only
   Recorded an informational greeting to alert that the call cannot be completed as dialed
Intercept Handling
   Unassigned Directory Number - Directory Number = 1998

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for all of the suggestions and comments.  putting the puzzle together is sometimes a team effort.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10