Author Topic: Maximum number of connections for SMDR log device exceeded  (Read 2161 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
Maximum number of connections for SMDR log device exceeded
« on: October 12, 2018, 04:29:30 AM »
Hello. I am administering a Mitel 3300 ICP and MiContact Center server. I have found that there is a communication problem between the Mitel 3300 ICP and MiContact Center server as indicated on this knowledge base article: http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle51373.aspx

So I decided to check the SMDR port by using telnet to connect to port 1752 on the Mitel 3300 ICP. I then got the following message Maximum number of connections for SMDR log device exceeded (even after restarting the Mitel 3300 ICP). In the Mitel 3300 ICP, I have already set the Maximum Sockets setting to the maximum no. (10). Is there a way to find out the existing connections that are connected to the Mitel 3300 ICP on port 1752 so that I can close them?

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Re: Maximum number of connections for SMDR log device exceeded
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »
I've run into this before, so I'll be following to see if you come across a better answer. That said, the one sure fire way to cut the connections is to reboot the PBX. It seems unlikely to me that you'd have 10 real connections, so there's a very good chance you've got some old connections that aren't real.

Hopefully somebody will be able to give you a better way to identify and kill them. Of course, if you're running the PBX at a business that closes overnight so there's no real problem with rebooting, I'd just schedule a reboot for tonight and be done with it.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »
I've run into this before, so I'll be following to see if you come across a better answer. That said, the one sure fire way to cut the connections is to reboot the PBX. It seems unlikely to me that you'd have 10 real connections, so there's a very good chance you've got some old connections that aren't real.

Hopefully somebody will be able to give you a better way to identify and kill them. Of course, if you're running the PBX at a business that closes overnight so there's no real problem with rebooting, I'd just schedule a reboot for tonight and be done with it.

I rebooted the PBX and strangely that did not fix the problem. Ended finding out that the voice recording system had opened multiple connections to the PBX on port 1752. I found this out by running the following command in the Windows command prompt:
Code: [Select]
netstat -an | findstr ":1752" and killing the processes that were using the SMDR port which fixed the issue.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 04:11:08 PM »
"inetstatShow" on the 3300/MiVB side will show you all of the active connections and to what far-end IP's.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10