Author Topic: best option for Ring Group  (Read 3042 times)

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
best option for Ring Group
« on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »
Looking for the best option.  For the past XX years, I've used a Ring All group for a 4 person helpdesk.  I want to look at better options and curious what the group recommends.  Right now we have 1 person make their presence available and they get all the calls.  I want to set up a Ring group that has everyone available but it rings either randomly or different people on each call with the last option (if no one picks up) going to our national helpdesk which uses a different system. 

Thanks in advance

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: best option for Ring Group
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 08:35:54 AM »
In release 8.0 you have 2 possibility to make your scenario:

Circular Ring - searching begins at the member after the last one to receive a call and stops to ring the first available member. If not answered before the Call Ringing Timer expires, the call is redirected away from the group. If the hunt finds no available member, the call is placed in a queue; then, after the Call Queued Timer expires, it is sent to an overflow or rerouting destination.

Circular Cascade Ring - using the circular search method rings the first available group member after the last one to receive a call. Ringing lasts for the duration of the Cascade Ring Timer. When the timer expires, the search continues down the list for the next available member, and so on. When the hunt starting position is reached, the search continues until either a member answers the call or the Call Ringing Timer expires and the call is redirected to an overflow or alternate destination. If the initial search finds no available member, the call queues; then, after the Call Queued Timer expires, it is sent to an overflow or rerouting destination.

All your ring group member should be "Present" , in the overflow choose your destination .

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 06:31:09 PM »
Could also do an acd express group

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
I would:
 - use a Ring Group set to Circular Cascade.
 - give the users keys on their phone programmed for Group Presence in the Ring Group so they can toggle Present/Absent.
 - set the call ringing timer to 24 and the cascade timer to 12
 - program an overflow point

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10