Author Topic: Multiple Mitel 5320 and 5330 hand sets stuck at "Use Hold Key To Send Pin"  (Read 19747 times)

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have three Mitel 5320 and 5330 hand sets stuck at "Use Hold Key To Send Pin".

Here is my troubleshooting so far:

1. I verified my system options are at the defaults.  Replace pin is set to ###, new handset pin is set to ***.
2. I tried ### + extension + Hold
3. I tried multiple different extensions that are available.  Extensions 1561, 1581, 2904, 2905, and 2907 are all either hot desk profiles or extensions that are available.
4. I reset a phone to the factory defaults by holding down arrow key will power on

Please note I am testing these phones in locations where other phones are working correctly, so I now my network connection is valid.   When I enter ### + extension + hold, I see a single asterisk appear on the screen for each key press, and then when I press hold all the asterisks go away.

Thank you, be well, work hard, enjoy life!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:35:57 PM by joshgoldeneagle »

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Hi Josh,

Are they set on the system as 52/53xx phones? if so have you tried manually removing the MAC address from the extension on the system?

If you go to System > Devices & Feature Codes > Phones > (ext no) > IP Settings > Network Settings.
There will be a Mac Address field, Right click and clear this, then try registering the phones with *** ext hold.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Josh are those extensions programmed in the system and are they set to the correct type of handset? Sometimes when I've done a site with many 5320's and a few 5340's I'll have everything set to 5320 out of habit and mess myself up.

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Clearing the MAC address from the extension as you described has resolved the issue  :)  Thank you

Hi Josh,

Are they set on the system as 52/53xx phones? if so have you tried manually removing the MAC address from the extension on the system?

If you go to System > Devices & Feature Codes > Phones > (ext no) > IP Settings > Network Settings.
There will be a Mac Address field, Right click and clear this, then try registering the phones with *** ext hold.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Clearing the MAC address from the extension as you described has resolved the issue  :)  Thank you

Hi Josh,

No problem, I've had the replace code not work before so this is the easiest way

Offline magnus

• View Profile
I advise against using the replace code.
I have had it work for a short time and then after a system reset it reverts to the old MACS.
I always clear the MAC as per MAgye and have never had issues with that.

I did once have a phone that was build with the menu and hold buttons put in backwards. Was hard to explain that to a customer...

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've never done it any other way than right click on the phone and clear the PIN.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have had it work for a short time and then after a system reset it reverts to the old MACS.

I did once have a phone that was build with the menu and hold buttons put in backwards. Was hard to explain that to a customer...

That's funny. I had one once with two 6's on the keypad instead of 6,7.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile

That's funny. I had one once with two 6's on the keypad instead of 6,7.

We had a 6920 where the screen was upside down last week  :o

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10