Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Call traffic PRI Trunk Utilization data  (Read 1366 times)

Offline mighty-mitel

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Call traffic PRI Trunk Utilization data
« on: October 01, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
Hi,

We have a Mitel 5000 unit ... and a PRI. Trying to figure out if we need all 23 channels of a PRI ..
Need to find out the average number of channels used  .. so that we can decrease the qty.

I looked online and searched (looks like system Health reports provides some info on call traffic), but it needs a software license .. that we don't have.

Any other way, we can record this data by enabling logging ... ?

Thx
MM

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Call traffic PRI Trunk Utilization data
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
Mighty-Mitel,

Have your carrier do a busy study of your lines to see how busy they are.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mighty-mitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
Mighty-Mitel,

Have your carrier do a busy study of your lines to see how busy they are.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks TE, but I don't think that is an easy option ... and I cannot imagine that Comcast and Centurylink will furnish that kind of information. because that will help us go from a full PRI to fractional one with channels just enough to cover our call volume - thereby reducing their revenue per month. (I will try calling Comcast and see if they give any of that data. Any other input on a Mitel based option will be appreciated - I am a bit surprised that none of the Mitel technical ppl are trolling this site and giving valuable input/feedback.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 11:06:05 AM »
There isn't a free way of doing this bar sitting and watching the Calls witihn System Admin and Diagnostics.

There is a report that does exactly what you want within CSM which is an (expensive) software add on called Line Usage by Half Hour and Day.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10