Author Topic: MiVoice 250 JTAG Error  (Read 1674 times)

Offline soucomm

• View Profile
MiVoice 250 JTAG Error
« on: October 01, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »
I built a database in a local mode and went to upload it and once it finished, the system rebooted with a JTAG failure. Everything was fine until I did this. If you select "YES" and go past the JTAG  boot failure it goes into a preboot and then booting and then JTAG failure again. Select "YES" to move forward again it does the reboot and then booting and then gives you an "upgrade FPGA ENTER ANY KEY". Once you hit the button to start it, it says starting to upgrade the fpga and then says failure, goes through 10 attempts and says replace the motherboard. It's obviously looking for something to grab and install. Is this a software that needs to be done through a USB port? Again, this didn't happen until I loaded a local database and it worked fine until that was done. This is a new unit not a used one.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MiVoice 250 JTAG Error
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »
Sounds like a control card failure... Seen it more than once... First boot is good, but when you reboot it freaks out.

This is common on a software upgrade, once the software is loaded, the JTAG and FPGA needs to be upgraded, it typically updates on it's own. If they are corrupt of defective, this happens.

Call your vendor or support, get it as approved as an Out of Box failure and get a replacement, there is nothing you can do with it. 

Offline soucomm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:20 PM »
Well it wasn't an upgrade of the software only a database upload. Even in this scenario it has been known to cause these errors? There's no fix or way to update whatever is messed up?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »
Well it wasn't an upgrade of the software only a database upload. Even in this scenario it has been known to cause these errors? There's no fix or way to update whatever is messed up?
My example of a software upgrade was a normal occurrence of JTAG/FPGA programming, not the issue you are experiencing here.

There is nothing you can do, and nothing you did caused it... This is an equipment failure.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10