Author Topic: Sip Trunking between MiVB and IPTSP  (Read 1457 times)

Offline roosho

• View Profile
Sip Trunking between MiVB and IPTSP
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:15:40 PM »
Hello,
I'm new with Mitel, to be straight new to Telecom.
I've a Mitel 3300 CXi-II (MiVoice Business) BPX in my office with MSL Server (MiCollab and MBG) like in the image below.

I've got 3 SIP extensions (1 concurrent call) from one local IPTSP (they provided me the FQDNs, numbers (which are login IDs also) and Passwords). I want to use those extensions to make calls and receive calls using SIP Trunks (I have 5 licenses at MiVB and 3 at MBG) of my PBX

I've tried them with 3CX and Asterisk and has been successful. But am not able to configure with Mitel. Can anybody provide me the Documentations (Relevant Only) or Tutorial so that I can do it myself.

Hoping to get some help.
Regards

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Sip Trunking between MiVB and IPTSP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 08:56:53 PM »
The embedded help in the 3300 should be of some use, but googling up some SIP trunking trunking guides (MCD SIP CEO might be useful searches) would probably get you some guides. I couldn't find anything on Mitel's eDocs site for this trunking provider, but SIP trunks are not the easiest to configure on the 3300. Here is one guide I found that is actually pretty generic: https://www.intelepeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Configure-MCD-for-use-with-Intelepeer-Service-provider-SIP-Trunking.pdf

First you need to know that the 3300 does not support NAT in any way, so you must use the MBG as your SIP proxy... Don't attempt to use a regular router for this application, if you want to use a different router look at Ingate Siparator or Adtran router specifically designed for SIP.

For both incoming and outgoing calls, you will need to configure a Class of Service, Network Zone, two Network Elements (one for the SIP trunking provider and one for the MBG as a SIP proxy), Trunk Attributes, and SIP Peer Profile... In addition for incoming calls, SIP Peer Profile assignment by DID and DID routing table. For outgoing calls there are all the ARS forms.

Then you have to build the ICP (likely done already if you built your 3300/MiCollab with MiCW) and SIP trunking connector in the MBG.

Honestly, configuring SIP trunks on the MiVoice Business is a bit painstaking, even frustrating, even if you are very familiar with the system and SIP trunking in general. I would not recommend trying this on your own for someone new to Mitel and telecom in general, find a local vendor who actually knows what they doing and pay for some assistance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10