Author Topic: How to setup a SIP phone to share an extension a voicemail extension  (Read 959 times)

Offline infosyst

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have 2 Android phones setup as SIP using the Bria Android App.

I"m trying to figure out how to get them to monitor and direct to the same voice mail.

Using a ring group people ext 6746 which causes 6745 and 6744 to ring simultaneously 
If a voice mail is left it resides on ext 6744 VM, Bria monitors and dials into our VM server using 5481

This works as intended for the 6744 phone however for the 6745 phone I need to find a way to  have
it refer to 6744's VM Box. In the Bria app the only information required is the VM server, so just 5481.
However when I use this for the 6745 phone I get the server but have to specify my VM extension,
this method also does not monitor if VM are available on VM 6744.

TLDR: I need to attach multiple extensions to the same VM and don't have the option of just setting up
a message waiting indicator.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: How to setup a SIP phone to share an extension a voicemail extension
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
This sounds like a situation that would be perfect for voicemail to email...

That said, what voicemail system, embedded, NuPoint, or something else?

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
Re: How to setup a SIP phone to share an extension a voicemail extension
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »
I have 2 Android phones setup as SIP using the Bria Android App.

I"m trying to figure out how to get them to monitor and direct to the same voice mail.

Using a ring group people ext 6746 which causes 6745 and 6744 to ring simultaneously 
If a voice mail is left it resides on ext 6744 VM, Bria monitors and dials into our VM server using 5481

This works as intended for the 6744 phone however for the 6745 phone I need to find a way to  have
it refer to 6744's VM Box. In the Bria app the only information required is the VM server, so just 5481.
However when I use this for the 6745 phone I get the server but have to specify my VM extension,
this method also does not monitor if VM are available on VM 6744.

TLDR: I need to attach multiple extensions to the same VM and don't have the option of just setting up
a message waiting indicator.

What voicemail are you using and what is your mailbox number?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10