Author Topic: Re: Mitel TA7102 install scripts  (Read 2876 times)

Offline adynes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel TA7102 install scripts
« on: September 18, 2018, 11:57:07 AM »
So I have been struggling with a TA1702 for a while now.  I'm a end user and although I can setup phones (digital and IP) and do any other maintenance we need I have never set one of these up.

I have a HX5000 which I went into and told it to enable SIP 5060.  I bought and activated two Cat F licenses.  I made a SIP phone group and added a username and password.  I got my TA7102 talking, added the HX5000 in.  Under SIP -> Gateways it says state = Ready so I figured that was good.  I added in authentication like in the above posts but under SIP -> Registrations it says status = unreachable. 

I've downloaded a couple user guides but they haven't been very helpful to get this working and since I'm a end user I can't get the actual install guides from Mitel.  The goal is to eliminate two POTS lines used for fax machines that are costing $80 each per month so I really would like to get it working.  My Sip -> Authentication screen looks identical to ralph's above.  Is there anything else I can check? 

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Re: Mitel TA7102 install scripts
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:40:36 AM »
On the ATA under SIP Gateways I put in the Controller IP address on 3 lines.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Mitel TA7102 install scripts
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 04:15:03 AM »
So I have been struggling with a TA1702 for a while now.  I'm a end user and although I can setup phones (digital and IP) and do any other maintenance we need I have never set one of these up.

I have a HX5000 which I went into and told it to enable SIP 5060.  I bought and activated two Cat F licenses.  I made a SIP phone group and added a username and password.  I got my TA7102 talking, added the HX5000 in.  Under SIP -> Gateways it says state = Ready so I figured that was good.  I added in authentication like in the above posts but under SIP -> Registrations it says status = unreachable. 

I've downloaded a couple user guides but they haven't been very helpful to get this working and since I'm a end user I can't get the actual install guides from Mitel.  The goal is to eliminate two POTS lines used for fax machines that are costing $80 each per month so I really would like to get it working.  My Sip -> Authentication screen looks identical to ralph's above.  Is there anything else I can check?

I don't have access to a TA7102 right this second so difficult to point you in the right direction, however the first question that should be asked is why are you using an ATA?  The 5000 chassis has 4 x analogue extension ports on the back, are they already in use?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 07:02:29 AM »
adynes,

I am not sure what post you are referring to, but I did notice that you stated turning on port 5060 in the system. Is this where you turned it on:

System > IP Settings > Advanced IP Settings > SIP UDP Listening Port Enable: Yes

If you changed that from a No to a Yes then you need to reboot the system before it will communicate on Port 5060.

Thanks,

TE

Offline adynes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel TA7102 install Issues
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:13:21 AM »
On the ATA under SIP Gateways I put in the Controller IP address on 3 lines.
I've tried hostname and IP address, neither seem to change anything.

I don't have access to a TA7102 right this second so difficult to point you in the right direction, however the first question that should be asked is why are you using an ATA?  The 5000 chassis has 4 x analogue extension ports on the back, are they already in use?

This is in a building across the parking lot.  We have fiber between them but only one building has the HX5000, the other is all IP phones.

If you changed that from a No to a Yes then you need to reboot the system before it will communicate on Port 5060.

So that was probably part of the issue.  I finally found time to reboot the HX5000 this past weekend.  However after doing so I don't see any changes, under Sip -> Registrations -> Endpoints Registration Status the status still says unreachable.

Since I did a bunch of testing before rebooting I went back through testing stuff again but still can't get it working.  I tried the suggestions in another related post (http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9988) but didn't help.  Also made the changes per this port (http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=10029) for faxing but I'm not getting a dial-tone yet so no way to test.

I have both the install guide and setup guide....both aren't very helpful at this point (fine for plugging in and getting it on the network but bad for actually getting ports to work).

Offline adynes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 09:58:20 AM »
Got a step further.  Found a "TA7102i, Software Configuration Guide" PDF with a lot more information.  Under Sip -> Transport -> Protocol Configuration everything was disabled.  Enabled UDP and now instead of "Unreachable" I get "Authentication Failed" so now just have to figure that part out.  Its better at least.

EDIT: Is there anything else other then enabling SIP on the HX5000 that needs to be done?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:13:07 AM by adynes »

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 04:42:44 PM »
Got a step further.  Found a "TA7102i, Software Configuration Guide" PDF with a lot more information.  Under Sip -> Transport -> Protocol Configuration everything was disabled.  Enabled UDP and now instead of "Unreachable" I get "Authentication Failed" so now just have to figure that part out.  Its better at least.

EDIT: Is there anything else other then enabling SIP on the HX5000 that needs to be done?

Under SIP settings for each extension, you need to enable inbound / outbound authentication and set a password on the 5000 / office 250. You will need to set the same username (extension number) and password on the ATA.  I have a cheat sheet I could send you over tomorrow with all the settings I normally change on the ATA?

Offline adynes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 08:33:50 AM »

Under SIP settings for each extension, you need to enable inbound / outbound authentication and set a password on the 5000 / office 250. You will need to set the same username (extension number) and password on the ATA.  I have a cheat sheet I could send you over tomorrow with all the settings I normally change on the ATA?

So I couldn't find anything per extension but I did find under System -> Devices and Feature Codes -> SIP Peers -> SIP Phone Groups -> (group number) -> Configuration -> Authentication a Inbound and Outbound user and password.  I put in the same username for both incoming and outgoing and the same password for both:

Then on the TA7102 under SIP -> Authentication its still set for Username but in the last two field I put in the same username and password (see attached...the extension is 1597 for testing)

Now its better but still not fully working:

If you have a cheat sheet I'd be happy to look at it....I feel I'm getting really close and just missing a step somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:38:26 AM by adynes »

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 10:11:20 AM »

So I couldn't find anything per extension but I did find under System -> Devices and Feature Codes -> SIP Peers -> SIP Phone Groups -> (group number) -> Configuration -> Authentication a Inbound and Outbound user and password.  I put in the same username for both incoming and outgoing and the same password for both:

Then on the TA7102 under SIP -> Authentication its still set for Username but in the last two field I put in the same username and password (see attached...the extension is 1597 for testing)

Now its better but still not fully working:

If you have a cheat sheet I'd be happy to look at it....I feel I'm getting really close and just missing a step somewhere.

These are my notes. If you pm me your email I will send you over my backup file so you can just change a few of the settings (sip server/sip username and password).

Also under your 5000, each extension should have its own SIP phone group, then under configuration/authentication enable inbound authentication and set a unique username/password for each one (do not need outbound authentication).

Restore from backup instructions

Plug network into WAN not LAN (WAN port is set to DHCP in default)

Scan network on port 80 and look for MAC

• User Name: admin
• Password: administrator

Management\Backup and Restore
Click the link - Activate unsecure script transfer through web browser (maybe need to then refresh the page and the link will now have disappeared)
FTP to backup

OR

Management\Configuration Scripts
Under Transfer Scripts Through Web Browser
Click the link - Activate unsecure script transfer through web browser (in IE need to then refresh the page and the link will now have disappeared)
download parameters (all config) - export and download and save the .cfg file
browse to the TA7102backup (filename should contain no spaces otherwise get 'bad syntax' error) and click restore
Device will reboot (or will prompt to reboot) so now need to move the LAN cable from WAN port to LAN port where it will now pickup DHCP.

Scan network on port 80 and look for MAC (just in case it picks up a new DHCP lease)

SIP/Servers/Default Servers
Set MCD/MBG SIP server address under the 4 default servers (Register/Proxy/Messaging/Outbound Proxy)

SIP/Registrations/Endpoint Registration
Status will show if it is registered or not
Endpoint Registration - register should be enabled for each active port (2nd port will be disabled from the backup)
Username/Friendly name - should be set up as the SIP username
Register - Enable (disable if port is not in use)
Messaging - Enable (disable if port is not in use)
Gateway Name - All

SIP/Authentication
Set SIP username/password for each port

Call Router (for routing the incoming/outgoing calls)
backup will be looking for the extension/username and sending it to the corresponding port
ext2000 - change to SIP username on port1
ext2001 - change to SIP username on port1

Backup to customer folder!

Media/Misc
DTMF Transport - change to 'out of band using RTP' and set payload type to 101 (otherwise you wont be able to send DTMF).

System/Management/Access control
change password for both admin and public user accounts to xxxxxxxxxxxx

Network/Interfaces
Under Rescue Network Configuration drop the box to disable under activation (this should enable DHCP on LAN port)

System time - some analogue phones get pushed this time every time they receive a new call (overrides time manually configured time on phone)

To use the web interface configuration:
1. In your web browser’s address field, type the IP address of the Aastra unit LAN interface (if you have
performed a partial reset, this is 192.168.0.10).
Figure 8: Login Window
2. Enter the proper user name and password.
The user name and password are case sensitive hence they must be entered properly. Default
factory values are:
• User Name: admin
• Password: administrator
You can also enter the user name public and no password.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10