Author Topic: Please help.. Mitel 3300 iPVM stops, WebServer stops..  (Read 1886 times)

Offline jchinmd2000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Please help.. Mitel 3300 iPVM stops, WebServer stops..
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »
*** Fatal error starting the IP board application.

iPVM stopped.

value = 1610612736 = 0x60000000
-> OSA-ERR:  CDataServicesManager::Publish: Unregistered Subject Instance reporting to DSM
        ->hSubscription(100), Unknown hSI(15728641), Reported Subject(19), Reported SI(5678)

iPVM_Status
iPVM_Status

iPVM_ControlFlag = IPVM_CONTROL_SHUTDOWN;   iPVM_StatusFlag = IPVM_STATUS_FAILED_IP;

I hate to throw this out there like that, Be happy to donate to the person that can help me get this back up and running.

On reboot it seems to start briefly but crashes shortly afterward.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:49:31 PM by jchinmd2000 »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Please help.. Mitel 3300 iPVM stops, WebServer stops..
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 06:16:38 PM »
Can you log into the web interface of the controller? Even if the internal VM doesn't start, it should continue to boot and you should be able to login.

My first guess would be database corruption, second would be it's configured for more ports than the hardware can handle (ie. it's missing DSP resources).

Have you tried just doing a manual clean install?

Offline jchinmd2000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »
No luck with web interface.  it goes up for a minute (PEND-T) then back to PEND and is unresponsive.
I checked db with FULL and nothing detected.. not sure how to look into ports issue..  I haven't tried doing a manual clean install but I guess thats on the docket if I can't get it up any other way.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:43:37 PM »
No luck with web interface.  it goes up for a minute (PEND-T) then back to PEND and is unresponsive.
I checked db with FULL and nothing detected.. not sure how to look into ports issue..  I haven't tried doing a manual clean install but I guess thats on the docket if I can't get it up any other way.
Honestly, since this isn't a production system... Grab the ARID if you can and reload it manually. If the ARID has software assurance, load the latest version the hardware can handle, if not make to only install the same base version (if the ARID is for 6.0 you must use 6.0.x.x software). The whole process only takes an hour or so, way quicker than trying to debug the unknown.

Offline jchinmd2000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
Thanks for the follow up... Thats the problem, it is a production system.... no software assurance and a month or so away from being decommissioned.
I need to do whatever it takes to get it running right.. could I possibly buy a unit on eBay and just restore the backup?  Are there any licenses that I need to worry about...
I'm not a Mitel guy... no idea...

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
I believe you should find some local Mitel partner (with an experienced technician) and ask them to to help you fix it. They will need to check what is the latest SW version available for the ARID and then do manual SW installation and finally restore the config from the latest backup.

I can possibly help you remotely.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »
Thanks for the follow up... Thats the problem, it is a production system.... no software assurance and a month or so away from being decommissioned.
I need to do whatever it takes to get it running right.. could I possibly buy a unit on eBay and just restore the backup?  Are there any licenses that I need to worry about...
I'm not a Mitel guy... no idea...
You could buy a Mitel "Upgrade to virtual" licence, build a virtual server, then restore the backup to that.
I don't know how you will get the software without SWA though.
It's much nicer running it as a virtual server than dealing with that hardware.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 12:12:31 PM »
You aren't going to get this fixed without spending some money [or, some kind of miracle]. In your position, I would bring forward the decommissioning.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »
If you have a good database backup, just restore it... This is likely a database issue and not hardware.

I also agree with petr.necas here, get a certified Mitel partner to look at this... Other possible options are just deal with it until it is decommissioned or cut over sooner than expected. You and the customer need to make that call.

Offline jchinmd2000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 06:32:08 PM »
No problem spending some money...  We received some quotes for restoring software assurance and such... Ridiculous..   I'd rather throw it out there to the community if there is someone that would like to take a shot at it just PM me.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »
No problem spending some money...  We received some quotes for restoring software assurance and such... Ridiculous..   I'd rather throw it out there to the community if there is someone that would like to take a shot at it just PM me.
You don't need to get back into SWA, especially for a short time... This really sounds like database corruption, if you have a good backup from before the problem occurred, get a vendor to perform a restore for you. If it is software corruption, just get them to do a clean reinstall of the same version (note the app record number BEFORE doing it), no software assurance necessary. The whole process shouldn't take more than hour, two at most, even with a clean install.

There are definitely people here who may try to do it, for a fee... I don't know if they bargain much though.

Offline jchinmd2000

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
Not looking for a bargain, just to have it done...
In the past our local vendor hasn't been.. forthcoming...

Not worried about hourly rates as long as we have someone who knows what they are doing.

We used to be able to reach out directly to Mitel but it seems like their techs are leaving in droves.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10