Author Topic: Internal call recording via port mirror  (Read 1424 times)

Offline mpprevost

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Internal call recording via port mirror
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:28:59 AM »
I've got a 3300 that we use for public safety and they upgraded their call recorder called Higher Ground. The call recorder is now using SRC instead of an analog tap. We mirrored the port for the controller to the four ports used by their servers and so far we're getting all calls that are external. However, calls between extensions are not being recorded. We had an old version of Oaisys that was setup this way and the internal calls were recorded, but I'm not sure if that was a specific option in Oaisys or if it was a setting in the controller. Any ideas of what I need to check to make sure the controller is setup correctly?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Internal call recording via port mirror
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:18:03 AM »
First thing i would check is to see if the phones are using the SRC server as their call server.

Because the phone are peer to peer you need to have them direct all their traffic to the SRC if you want them recorded.

Although newer versions of MiV-CR allow indirect call recording.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:32:01 AM »
I've got a 3300 that we use for public safety and they upgraded their call recorder called Higher Ground. The call recorder is now using SRC instead of an analog tap. We mirrored the port for the controller to the four ports used by their servers and so far we're getting all calls that are external. However, calls between extensions are not being recorded. We had an old version of Oaisys that was setup this way and the internal calls were recorded, but I'm not sure if that was a specific option in Oaisys or if it was a setting in the controller. Any ideas of what I need to check to make sure the controller is setup correctly?

The idea with SRC is that you don't have to mirror ports. It could be that your MBG (SRC) is configured to do local streaming in which case the audio will not traverse the system therefore no recordings. Double check that you're phones are actually pointing to the SRC server instead of MiVB.

Offline mpprevost

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys. With this setup there isn't an MBG setup for that recorder. We have a MBG setup for our Oaisys recorder, but not for this one. Their recorder is doing all the SRC I'm assuming. They set it all up then asked me why it wasn't working.

First thing i would check is to see if the phones are using the SRC server as their call server.

Because the phone are peer to peer you need to have them direct all their traffic to the SRC if you want them recorded.

Where do I check this?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10