Author Topic: Mitel 250 System Programming Check List  (Read 1158 times)

Offline WF Voice and Data

• View Profile
Mitel 250 System Programming Check List
« on: September 17, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I was just hoping to find out if anyone had a Mitel 250 system programming check list which they could share? I find it hard sometimes remembering everything that I need to set up for a phone system when doing the programming. I think a check list would make things so much easier. It would give me an order to follow which would make things much faster I think.

Also if anyone has a list of questions I need to ask the customer, that would be amazing too!

Kind regards,

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 250 System Programming Check List
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 01:46:18 PM »
I have one and will try to attach it here.

Offline WF Voice and Data

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:14:31 AM »
Brilliant, thanks for this.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:32:49 AM »
WF Voice and Data,

I am not sure how long you have been installing the MiVO-250, but at some point it would be a wise idea to get all of the technicians together and create a default database that works for the majority of installations so you don't have to deal with making the same changes every time your start programming. This will also help your service group as things will be more uniform going forward.

As for how to program I think everyone does that in whatever order makes sense to them, but here is how I handle it at a high level.

1. Program all Resource Cards: T1/E1/PRI, LSM-4, SLM-4, DDM-16, etc..
2. Program all Devices: Phones, Phantoms, Hot Desk Users
3. Program all Groups: Extension Lists, Hunt Groups
4. Program all Call Routing Announcements
5. Program all Extension Lists and Mailboxes
6. Start Call Flow Programming
7. License System
8. Label Chassis

In reality though I already have a default database that has 1 Phone, 1 Hot Desk User, 1 Phantom, 1 Mailbox already setup using our standards that I use to Copy/Paste from. I also have created default Keymaps as well so that makes it easier to get phones out and make changes as required later. It also has our standard Day and Night Auto Attendants and Directory Call Routing Announcements as well as Message Notification, Record-A-Call and Voice Mail applications.

I Import information in using the User's Import form as that can create Phones, Phantoms, and Hot Desk Users all at the same time. The drawback is that is will also create mailboxes for them; which I delete if they are not needed and then create Extension IDs. Keep in mind that you can add fields to the Import list such as Password so it will also put in the password for user web access.

Also, you can create yourself some SIP Trunk Group files [stg] after you figured out how to make it work that will speed up programming on those as well; here you can also make changes and add fields as long as you know what to add to get the results you want; I have not found a way yet to program Route Sets though.

Thanks,

TE

Offline rick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »
Tech electronics... You mention a 'User import form'
Can you tell me where to find and use this..it sounds really useful....

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »
Rick,

It is under Users where you would setup Dynamic Extension. If you right-click under Users one of your options is to Import from File...

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10