Author Topic: Mitel 3300 to multiple hotel PMS systems  (Read 1936 times)

Offline twalston

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 to multiple hotel PMS systems
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
Hello everyone, first time poster here! Hoping to get some expert advice.

I am an IT Director for a hotel company, lots of phone experience, but unfortunately only with Cisco, NEC, and Executone (OK dating myself!),

I have a property that is currently running a Mitel 3300 with the iPocket serial converters to an Oracle Opera PMS system. Everything works great now, but we are expanding the hotel (second hotel across street) and are adding a new PMS system at the one hotel and replacing the other. The new system (Infor HMS) will be split into two instances in a "multi-prop" configuration. Both hotels will now be fully on Infor.

Property 1 - Infor HMS-----------|
                                               |  <-------------------> MITEL 3300
Property 2 - Infor HMS-----------|

Infor HMS fully supports a single interface per property with Mitel 3300, but no one (including our phone vendor) can't seem to figure out how to allow TWO PMS systems to interface with the one single Mitel 3300 switch. Is this possible? Has anyone seen or done this before?

Thanks,
TW

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3300 to multiple hotel PMS systems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »
Hello everyone, first time poster here! Hoping to get some expert advice.

I am an IT Director for a hotel company, lots of phone experience, but unfortunately only with Cisco, NEC, and Executone (OK dating myself!),

I have a property that is currently running a Mitel 3300 with the iPocket serial converters to an Oracle Opera PMS system. Everything works great now, but we are expanding the hotel (second hotel across street) and are adding a new PMS system at the one hotel and replacing the other. The new system (Infor HMS) will be split into two instances in a "multi-prop" configuration. Both hotels will now be fully on Infor.

Property 1 - Infor HMS-----------|
                                               |  <-------------------> MITEL 3300
Property 2 - Infor HMS-----------|

Infor HMS fully supports a single interface per property with Mitel 3300, but no one (including our phone vendor) can't seem to figure out how to allow TWO PMS systems to interface with the one single Mitel 3300 switch. Is this possible? Has anyone seen or done this before?

Thanks,
TW
I am pretty sure Mitel only supports one PMS interface for each service (one for PBX and one for VM).

If you need to connect two PMS systems to the same PBX, you will need some kind of custom middleware server if your two PMS servers cannot share a connection. 

Offline kaje770

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 to multiple hotel PMS systems
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »
Quick and easy solution would be to have your vendor sell you and install Mitel (Innovation) iLink with a second property.  This will allow the Mitel to interface to 2 separate PMS's.  If you are running an Innovations VM with iCharge, this will co-reside on the same PC.  Any dual (or tri brand) property we install, we always use this config.

Ken

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10