Author Topic: MiVoice Business 8.0 SP3 PR1 connection to MultiTech FaxFinder FF240-IP via SIP  (Read 1400 times)

Offline RichS1023

• View Profile
Has anyone ever successfully connected a MultiTech FaxFinder FF240-IP to a Mitel 3300/MCD/MiVoice Business via SIP trunks?  No matter what I try on an outbound fax the call is always rejected with a "503 Service Unavailable" error, no matter if I try T.38 or G7.11 pass thru.  Mitel offers no information and neither does MultiTech, at least that I can find.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This might help. This all works via ars. If you are using did numbers they can be set to go to the ars digits, a system speed call or what I have been doing as of late is to create a trusted extension that is rerouted always to a speed call. The speed call has my ars digits, my route absorbs them and adds <F>, which is the forwarded extension number. This method allows me to label what or for whom the fax box belongs to.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:35:35 AM by johnp »

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean by "via SIP trunks". Do you mean the FAX server connects to the 3300 via a SIP trunk ?

I've only ever done a SIP trunk with another equipment like that with a Cisco CUCM and it needed a lot of tweaking, I had a good Cisco tech on the other side tinkering with SIP parameters too, and more importantly I found an "how to" webpage to help me. ARS was really not the difficult part.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
@johnp - Did you need a T.38 and/or compression licensing on the MiVB?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
@johnp - Did you need a T.38 and/or compression licensing on the MiVB?

No licenses were needed but the sip trunks

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
I connected a 3300 to a fax GW server. I took some notes, but before I do that, can you do a SIP trace on the 3300 to see if it's actually getting the outbound fax?

Does the SIP Trunk have a CoR that allows access to your external trunk?
Have you tested sending a fax to an internal fax that's on the 3300?
What have you set the max calls and min licences to?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Think the trunk service assignment will determine cos and cor

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10