Author Topic: NuPoint call director not firing with external calls  (Read 1186 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
NuPoint call director not firing with external calls
« on: September 06, 2018, 12:51:41 PM »
I have very few people who use call director on our NuPoint (freestanding nupoint, not micolab) but one of them has a call director setup with a fairly complex tree. If somebody calls the main number for the building and is transferred to that extension, or if they call that extension from another in-house extension, their call director works fine. However, is somebody external calls that person's DID and goes to voicemail, it skips their entire call director and goes straight to their message prompt.

Anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint call director not firing with external calls
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 12:57:04 PM »
Never mind.

It appears that this was because the first step in the tree was an override, and only the Enabled and Disabled options were programmed. For whatever reason, DID calls were getting routed to "From Call Flow" or "Extended Absence" which weren't programmed. They're now set to the same as "Disabled" so it all works as intended.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:56:38 PM »
Never mind.

It appears that this was because the first step in the tree was an override, and only the Enabled and Disabled options were programmed. For whatever reason, DID calls were getting routed to "From Call Flow" or "Extended Absence" which weren't programmed. They're now set to the same as "Disabled" so it all works as intended.
Did you have the user log into the mailbox and see if the Override switch was set?

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 12:25:39 PM »
Never mind.

Did you have the user log into the mailbox and see if the Override switch was set?

I actually logged in for them and checked myself. The override was not set, and even if it had been, the calls shouldn't have been routed direct to the message prompt, skipping their entire tree. It should have just gone to a different menu.

That said, while I'm curious about "From Call Flow" and "Extended Absence" it's very clear that not having one or both of those programmed was the problem, and just setting them to the same routing as 'Disabled' make it behave as desired.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10