Author Topic: Missing post in forum??  (Read 1315 times)

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Missing post in forum??
« on: August 30, 2018, 04:39:50 PM »
Does anyone know about this issue in MiVB 8? It appears in Google search, but I cannot access the post in Mitel Forms.
Same issue here- upgrade to MiVB 8 and cannot access the keys form under a user.

To be clear, it is not affecting the admin users with full permissions. This is only an issue with restricted admin profiles.

Verified that the admin profile does have permission to Multiline set keys.

Also cleared browser cache and reset browser settings as well as created a new user with the same admin profile to rule out corruption of the existing admin accounts.

Thanks!!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Missing post in forum??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
I swear I recently read something about this on another forum but I can't find the related post.

I believe you have to create the policy with a default access type of read/write and then go through and change what you want to restrict to no access.
Rather than the default access type of no access and then allowing certain forms.

It's a little bit counter intuitive.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:26 AM »
I checked out what happened to the post.
It appears that the user who posted it, deleted it.
You can see what the post said by clicking the drop down box on the google result and checking the cache.

Ralph

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
It was me who replied,

It said:

"This is a known bug, you need to create the authorization profile again with write access in default and then disable features they don't need.
It is to do with the multiline set keys form."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:30:24 AM by Magpye »

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 04:24:58 AM »
Yes this this is a bug, the good news is that it will be fixed in MiVB 9.0. It will hopefully be released soon.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »
Fixed in MiVB 9?? Not fixed in a patch for 8...I guess so they can sell Ram upgrade kits, new HW or virtualization licenses.

I am just now taking my cluster to 8, it will be at least one year....maybe two until I go to 9.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
Yes, in MiVB 9.0, I have a ticket open with the latest note:

Above note entered at 8/20/2018 9:41:07 AM by
==============================
Awaiting fix in MiVB 9.0

It is up to you when you install new versions. I usually try new versions in our lab first then I upgrade our company PBX and finally install it to our clients, depending on the features and fixes needed.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 12:18:30 AM »
Fixed in MiVB 9?? Not fixed in a patch for 8...I guess so they can sell Ram upgrade kits, new HW or virtualization licenses.

I am just now taking my cluster to 8, it will be at least one year....maybe two until I go to 9.

No, it's because they can't patch v8 any more.

I wouldn't really go for v9.0 anyway, give them at least 6 months to get it working properly.

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »
I'm sure they can patch it, if they really wanted to. It seems that recreating the profiles did the trick...a bit of labor, but we are all good for now.
I am not ready to go to MiVB 9 for at least another year. 45 PBX's in the cluster, and quite a few unsupported controllers and many ASU's, we are just not ready for such a change. I am working on budgets for that now, hopefully it's reasonable. Speaking of, has anyone installed an EX yet and has any feedback? This seems to be the "gateway" option that we will be looking into. Migration to VMware or ISS with the addition of gateways.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10