Author Topic: Pick up parked call  (Read 1456 times)

Offline andyring

• View Profile
Pick up parked call
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »
Earlier this year we upgraded to a MiVoice 250 from an ancient Intertel system, and switched from copper pair lines to SIP.

My boss/company president hates and despises new terminology and new methods. Frustrating but it is what it is.

We have two buttons programmed as parking spaces for calls. A common scenario how those are used is: a call comes in, the caller isn't sure who had called them so a receptionist pages the office "Call from Joe Schmoe parked on 210, he's not sure who called him."

Right now, the way those calls are picked up is by dialing "4" and then pressing the appropriate park key. Problem is, my boss HATES that. Is it possible to program the system so a parked call can be picked up by simply pressing the park button?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pick up parked call
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »
Yes, if it's a Park key and not a DSS key. Using a Park key, it's one touch to park the call or retrieve it.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Yes, if it's a Park key and not a DSS key. Using a Park key, it's one touch to park the call or retrieve it.
Nearly one touch, you still have to hang up to complete the park, retrieving is a one touch operation.

Offline andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
Alrighty, I just programmed a key that way and I think that's exactly what my boss will want.

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »
OK, I'm very very close. I did what was suggested and that works fine. But my boss wanted me to explore one adjustment if it's possible.

Is it possible to program it such that once a call is parked by pressing the appropriate "park" key, the user DOES NOT need to hang up the phone? In other words, contrary to what sarond said, can you park a call with a one-touch operation?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 08:02:07 PM »
No. You need to hang up to complete the transfer.

Just how lazy is this guy anyway?

Offline andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:04:12 AM »
That's what I thought.

It's not lazy so much as it is "I want this to work exactly the way our old system did."

Been working here 20 years, I'm used to dealing with it.   :D

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 10:13:41 AM »
andyring,

I hate it when customers want the new system to do exactly what the old system did; not always possible.

In this case you went from an Inter-Tel Axxess to the Mitel MiVO-250 and they are the same so it should have been working exactly like it did before. The vendor could have even just updated the old Axxess database and imported right into the MiVO-250 so there wouldn't be any lost information.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »
I do like the new Park feature, as do end-users. It's much easier to implement than cobbling together hunt groups with pick-up keys.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10