Author Topic: Trying to setup Bria (sip) app with push notifications using a iphone on mitel  (Read 1038 times)

Offline infosyst

• Contributer
    • View Profile
So the Bria app works fine with our mitel phone system as long as the app is pointing towards our internal mitel address.

However a recent update has made it so push notifications are required to keep the app in a state where it can receive calls if the screen is off. So I need to change the domain from our internal mitel controller to an external address.

So my question is where could I find that address for a Mitel Mxe-III system?

Thank you.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Unless your phone system is just plugged straight into the internet [ie, has a public IP address], it won't have one. You would need to NAT some ports to your phone system on your edge device [eg firewall], but you want to think very, very carefully before allowing the whole internet in on port 5060. And by think carefully, I mean you almost certainly don't want to do this - you either want to restrict it to a known whitelist of public IPs that users are allowed from, or if you don't know, then you need something like an MBG in the middle to protect the phone system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10