Author Topic: Apple Micollab Client v8 failing registration with VPN  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Nokiauk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Apple Micollab Client v8 failing registration with VPN
« on: August 23, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »
Recently using new Mitel phone system at work have been set up to use Micollab client and set up for Teleworker which is set to On on the Micollab client.

On windows 10 I can use the client soft phone when not on VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) and when connected to VPN.

On my home Mac and also iPhone I can also use the client but when VPN is connected the Micollab client softphone fails with message “Registration Failed”.

Odd this happens on 2 Apple devices but Windows is fine. Is this an Apple issue or perhaps how Apple implement VPN connections.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: Apple Micollab Client v8 failing registration with VPN
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
With Teleworker on your are attempting to connect to the external IP address, If this is not routable through your VPN then it will fail, You could implement Split Tunnelling on your VPN client to resolve.

Offline Nokiauk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 08:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay.

I understand the tunnel is split.

On Windows 10 the Teleworker setting has no bearing on whether the softphone connects whether on VPN or not.

If I disable Teleworker on the Mac and connect to the VPN the registration works now however I cannot hear external callers though they can hear me, for internal numbers there is no issues with speech.

Thanks

Offline LM-Mitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:48:45 AM »
Hi Nokiauk,

Did you manage to find a resolution to this issue.   I have a customer with the same problem.

Many Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10