Author Topic: Mitel Connect Softphone  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Alkraizer

• View Profile
Mitel Connect Softphone
« on: August 23, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, if not please direct me to the right area.
I have an pretty constant issue with a lot of my users when they use the Mitel Connect Softphone application. Many times they will change their primary phone to use softphone and it will look like it changed over, but if someone tries to call them it goes straight to Voicemail. There is no indicator on the user's machine that this is happening, and they usually only find out when they miss a call.

For some users' this happens several times a day, to fix it they just need to reboot their Connect App and 9/10 times it will fix it, but having to do it several times a day seems.... off. Its especially annoying for my work-group users who are logged in, but calls aren't going to them because their softphone isn't working, so the call stays in a queue until someone else logs in or the caller hangs up.
I've disabled the local firewalls on machine (a mix of win 7 and win 10), Made an exception in our AV to not block the app, had our service provider look at logs from many different computers only to respond "Softphones are very delicate applications, if everything doesn't line up just right, they don't work. Try telling your users to exit the application every night when they leave". I did this but it doesn't help.

Has anyone else had any luck fixing this issue? We can't use hard phones in our main office due to it being an old theater and everyone's voice echos very loudly so it makes calls impossible to hear(the workaround was to buy noise cancelling headphones for everyone, but they are USB). I could see if it was the same person over and over, but this is different people all the time, any help would be most appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10