Author Topic: SX-2000 form programming capture  (Read 1749 times)

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
SX-2000 form programming capture
« on: August 22, 2018, 10:06:49 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of migrating a SX-2000 with a number of per-nodes to a MXe/AX cluster and I would like to be able to get a printout of the programming on the SX-2000 (especially the analog extensions) so that I can have use it to ensure I configure the new PBX analog extensions to match the existing cabling. Can anyone help me with this procedure? I have found a lot of info all relating to using Procomm, which I can't find anywhere, connected via a serial port. I am hoping that there is an alternate way of doing this.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Thanks,
Gerry

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SX-2000 form programming capture
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »
You could use putty to capture the printer output by enabling the logging before it gets started. To do this on the same pc you would need 2 serial ports. You will need some way of starting the print, and another to capture

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 05:37:31 AM »
I used to use procom for this but I don't see a reason you can't use putty.
If you can connect to IP then you're golden, just open two sessions with putty.  One connects to the telnet port and the other connects to the IP printer port.  (I don't remember what the port number is at the moment.)
From the telnet session enter "my LPR1"  then enter "Fo Fe"  that will print the feature access codes.  I do this to be sure it's working before I try printing all forms.  Next be sure your putty session connected to the printer port is set to capture all out put.
Then enter "formprint all".
It should start spitting out forms in just a few seconds.
If not, enter CTL+Q on the printer port.
It will take a very long time to print everything out.  Could take hours.  It will print all forms even if they are blank.

Ralph

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:10:54 PM »
JohnP,

You are correct, I had to get a USB-Serial adapter to get a second serial port on my laptop, once I did that i was able to capture the data successfully. I was trying to find a way to "Print to screen" within the maintenance interface but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Ralph,
Yes I was hoping to use a Telnet session but unfortunately I was unable to connect via IP to the PBX.

Thanks guys!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 07:20:52 AM »
You are correct, I had to get a USB-Serial adapter to get a second serial port on my laptop, once I did that i was able to capture the data successfully. I was trying to find a way to "Print to screen" within the maintenance interface but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Actually, that is an option.
Connect to the system with putty and enter these commands:
My LPR3
Fo all

Then disconnect without logging out and reconnect with putty but this time change your terminal emulation to TTY and be sure to have your logging turned on.
Then enter this command:
En Pr

Ralph

(Dang! I miss the 2k)

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 09:17:28 AM »
I was trying to move the serial connection between the maintenance and the printer port but it didn't seem to get it in time or something. Alls well that ends well though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10