Author Topic: HP DL360 Gen9 Server  (Read 1170 times)

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
HP DL360 Gen9 Server
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »
I am trying to install MSL 10.5 on a HPDL360 Gen 9 server and am having all kinds of problems.

I have gone through the MSL Qualified list and enabled Legacy Bios Mode.  I was eventually able to install MSL 10.1 from a USB stick but after install is done and the server reboots it will not boot from the Hard Drives.

I have also setup the Logical Array using RAID1  before starting the Install of MSL.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: HP DL360 Gen9 Server
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 11:23:50 AM »
I am trying to install MSL 10.5 on a HPDL360 Gen 9 server and am having all kinds of problems.

I have gone through the MSL Qualified list and enabled Legacy Bios Mode.  I was eventually able to install MSL 10.1 from a USB stick but after install is done and the server reboots it will not boot from the Hard Drives.

I have also setup the Logical Array using RAID1  before starting the Install of MSL.
You can't do the RAID setup, the MSL installer uses it's own LVM management, that is why it fails. Break the RAID and disable it, then reinstall and it should work fine.

Did you check the release notes on Mitel Connect? It seems to me there are more changes necessary in the BIOS besides Secure Boot... When you look at the recommended server list and go to the notes after it, it usually specifies exactly what needs to be done.

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »
Don't you have to build the Logical Array before the install.   We have set all the options in the recommended in the Qualified Hardware List.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
Don't you have to build the Logical Array before the install.   We have set all the options in the recommended in the Qualified Hardware List.
I never have... MSL uses a software RAID, not the hardware RAID controller, you just insert the drives and install MSL and it builds the RAID automatically.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10