Author Topic: New Mitel User  (Read 2994 times)

Offline MattAG

• View Profile
New Mitel User
« on: August 20, 2018, 05:59:45 AM »
Hi all!

I have been tasked with figuring out our suite of software that we use for our Mitel system. I am a Server Admin by trade and a .net programmer by necessity, not I have to figure out how to use Mitel's phone system. So here's a bit about what we have according to what I can see without going into our comms room and looking at the rack...

Mitel 5000 (CP?)

Everyday administration is done through MiVoice System Administration & Diagnostics and then through Office 250 DB Programming (60.10.67).
We also have RealViewer, Reporter Real-Time, Server Monitor, Backup Utility and Data Manager.
I have no idea what most of those are until i have need to use them.

We have a license for Reporter Real-Time Pro and I have spent a good deal of time getting used to this software and become extremely confused over its odd version of logic, hence my appearance here to hopefully leech some of your valuable wisdom into my already strained noggin.

So to start of my barrage of questions...

We have a call centre type arrangement there that group in national regions. Since we are growing, the managers have asked for a screen readout of incoming calls for each region to be displayed. Which sounds easy enough. When I go into Reporter Real-Time Pro, I get up an Extension List and create a filter to a single extension (for test) I report the total External Calls, Say this is '17' as this is the morning and its quiet. The list looks right.

Next I create a nifty little desktile, that will display on the screens. I apply the same filter and use Total Inbound (External) on it. This then reports '7'.

How come Total Incoming Calls in the extension list doesn't match Total Inbound (External) on the Desk Tile?

Please feel free to tell me where this question is better suited and I shall direct it there.

Thanks, MattAG

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Mitel User
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:08:23 AM »
MattAG,

Hello and welcome to the world of telephony!

To ask questions about your system you would do that under the MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000 forum.  My guess is that you meant your software version is 6.0.1.67 as we are only on version 6.3 currently. 

For your application questions you should post those under Mitel Applications, but since that particular application only works with the MiVO-250 and below you could post it there as well.

To sort if answer your question the filters can be a little tricky to understand at first,  but over time the logic starts to make a little sense. We would also need to know how calls flow through your system which is why it is OK to post in the MiVO-250 forum. 

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MattAG

• View Profile
Re: New Mitel User
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 07:57:15 AM »
Ah, I think you may be right. I grabbed the wrong version info.

I'll head on over to the MiVo 250 forum and perhaps poke my head into Mitel Applications.

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10