Author Topic: Ghost Voicemail  (Read 1382 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Ghost Voicemail
« on: August 17, 2018, 04:17:58 PM »
Hi All -

For a very long time now... Everyone in the company has the blinking orange light on their phone.  It has to be cleared and then it resets around 3am.  After talking to our vendor... They said it's a known Mitel bug and it SHOULD have been fixed on this last update, it was not.  There is no voicemail residing there and we have been told the "Call back" option is disabled so the blinking light should not be there.  Is there truly a bug?  Or can I fix this?  The only way the vendor fixes it is to backup everything and to run a complete restore.  Needless to say, this is a terrible workaround.

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Ghost Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »
Everyone in the company has a blinking light at 3:00am? Why not just pull the voicemail logs and see why it's doing it?

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 02:20:34 PM »
Easy to do that?  I do the basic maintenance for the system and since the “gold” partner said it cannot be fixed, I left it alone. At this point, I’m annoyed with the complaints and willing to do whatever to fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »
You can get the logs by FTP'ing to the controller and going to /vmail/c/voxdrv grab the file diag.dat and open it with a text editor.

Look for logs around the 3am time as this is when the system does it's maintenance and will check if a MWI is supposed to be set.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
Thank you

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
We got this after upgrading to v8. MWI lights up for people who have no messages and doesn't light up for people who do.
We gave up on getting it to work. At one point we had tried configuring a MAPI server to make this work and I suspect there is a problem with the MAPI server.
Users get their voicemails emailed to them anyway, so they are notified that way.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 03:25:17 AM »
try the FAC #33 + DN ( Message waiting - Deactivate)

Also : do you have a value in system option -> SUPERSET Callback message Cancel Timer ?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 04:36:09 AM »

This will obviously depend on what you have programmed as your FAC, it could be anything.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 05:35:08 AM »

This will obviously depend on what you have programmed as your FAC, it could be anything.

Hi Sarond ,

This is why i said : Message waiting - Deactivate

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:50 AM »
Came across this before, its something to do with the embedded voicemail system on a 3300. Theres a few things that cause this, most of the time you can temporarily get rid of the lights but at 3am the voicemail system either resets or performs some form of check which caused this to light back up. It may not work but a couple of things to check:

If this is embedded voicemail, go to the voicemail hunt group and make sure all voicemail ports are in the same hunt group, especially the first and last ports you have available.

If you are using RAD ports for anything and have a RAD hunt group, make sure the first and last voicemail port are not included in this group.

Other than that, has the voicemail system been restarted via the shell or the system rebooted?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10