Author Topic: How set up MiCollab conferencing?  (Read 945 times)

Offline mlouie

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How set up MiCollab conferencing?
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »
I am trying to set up MiCollab conferencing on our MiCollab server to work with our Mitel VMCD (MiVoice Business). I don't understand all the steps to get it set up. I am new to administering Mitel so don't totally understand how things are set up on it. I got the website working for conferencing, which was easy. But I don't understand how to set up the dial-in phone number. I set up a generic SIP extension on the VMCD and put it on the System Options page in the MiCollab AWV settings but it doesn't work. When I call it, it says "out of service". And I don't understand the SIP Server Configuration page in AWV. How do you know what hunt extensions to put there and do these extensions have to be set up on the vmcd? If so, how are they set up on the vmcd? And do I have to set up something under "SIP Device Capabilities" on the vmcd? I am not clear what has to be set up on the vmcd to make things work. I can find no documentation on what to set up on the vmcd. I've downloaded all the Mitel instructions and manuals I can find but there are no answers to these questions. Please don't send me a link to the following page. I already have it and I still don't understand what to fill in on this page: http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/Apps-Solutions/MiCollab%207.2/MiCollab/mac/mca/configure_sip_server_3300.htm

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: How set up MiCollab conferencing?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »
OK, not a generic device, the dial-in number has to point to a Hunt Group.
The hunt group needs a bunch of members.
Those members are the numbers you configure in the SIP Server Configuration as "Extension First" and "Extension Last".
SIP domain is the IP address of the controller.
SIP Port is 5060.

And just to clarify, if your dial-in number is a speed call pointing at the AWV hunt group, or if it's a generic device with a permanent call forward or call re-route pointing at the AWV hunt group, the System Options form is where you put the number that people actually dial.
For example, if you have controllers in different area codes, you will probably have a different number for AWV for each controller, and all those numbers point at the Hunt Group - the Hunt Group number is not exposed to anybody.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:04:51 PM by VinceWhirlwind »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10