Author Topic: 6920 & 6930 Phones - Call Park  (Read 1517 times)

Offline markl

• View Profile
6920 & 6930 Phones - Call Park
« on: August 14, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
We have just had a "kick off" meeting with regard to implementing a new phones system

We have had the call park feature explained to us and have some concerns:

Scenario: Call rings in a group, a user pick it up but the caller wants someone else, that other person is on another line so we park the call.

When the user is free we can advise him that he has a parked call and give him the call retrieve key.

But....

What if we have forgotten the retrieve key? Is there anyway to find out what it is? Or is there a better way of handling this scenario?

Thanks

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Re: 6920 & 6930 Phones - Call Park
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 06:29:50 AM »
What do you mean by the retrieve key?

The way I have done it in the past is to create a dummy extension which is used to park all calls on. Then on the users handsets who need the call park/retrieve function I would program 2 keys, both would be a CDE speed call one with the call park FAC and one with the retrieve FAC, then the extension number of this dummy extension. This means that it will park the call on that directory number and then give a message on the screen with which slot is has been parked on when the park button is pressed so no further user input is required.

As far as i'm aware there is no way around having to remember which slot it was parked on but if you do the above it reduces the amount the user has to remember down from the extension number and the slot to just the slot which ranges from 01 to 99.

If the worst comes to worst and the user does forget the number, just make sure the recall timer isnt set to something too big. I normally use about 60 seconds which means it will recall the original handset that parked the call.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10